The Student Room Group

how to start studying GCSE science?

i’m in year 10 and i’ve recently started homeschooling. I’m gonna do my science gcse (probably combined) but i don’t know how to start revising. i missed a lot of days in year 7-8 from covid and then missed A LOT of year9-10 due to mental health and physical problems. so i don’t know how to go about learning science.
how should i start?
Do you have a textbook or revision guide? If you don't Seneca and BBC Bitesize might be quite useful. I would use those to help you learn the content, a combination of them would probably be even better.
Original post by lexicx
i’m in year 10 and i’ve recently started homeschooling. I’m gonna do my science gcse (probably combined) but i don’t know how to start revising. i missed a lot of days in year 7-8 from covid and then missed A LOT of year9-10 due to mental health and physical problems. so i don’t know how to go about learning science.
how should i start?

Do you know which exam board? :smile:
Definitely agree with @flowersinmyhair re. revision guides and BBC Bitesize :yep:
There's also loads of YouTubers covering GCSE content too which are super helpful e.g. Freesciencelessons, mygcsescience etc.
Reply 3
Original post by flowersinmyhair
Do you have a textbook or revision guide? If you don't Seneca and BBC Bitesize might be quite useful. I would use those to help you learn the content, a combination of them would probably be even better.

i have 3 cgp science books, should i just learn through them ,videos and past tests?
Original post by lexicx
i have 3 cgp science books, should i just learn through them ,videos and past tests?
I would use that and maybe Seneca and BBC Bitesize for revision as well as well as videos and past tests
Reply 5
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I would use that and maybe Seneca and BBC Bitesize for revision as well as well as videos and past tests

thank you c:

Quick Reply

Latest