The Student Room Group

English Literature - Edexcel

Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips/advice and good websites for English literature, any good writing structures, ways to plan essays and ways to write a high level essay.And if you had any good analysis websites or revision guides that can help with analysing plays and novels, would be really helpful.
And how do you analyse a book with detailed annotations?
I am doing an Inspector Calls and The strange case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Thanks for any help! :smile:
bump
Reply 2
Try to structure your paragraphs in the form of P E E E and be sure to satisfy all AOs
Original post by GeoHadj
Try to structure your paragraphs in the form of P E E E and be sure to satisfy all AOs

Reply 4
Not that I know of. I suggest that you just do copious practice questions. I did the same texts with Edexcel and was incredibly successful via this method. I've attached practice questions for An Inspector Calls for Edexcel in the link below (the odds of you being questioned on the importance of Gerald, Mr. Birling, guilty consciences and money are practically nought as they've already appeared in live assessment previously).

I have some for your Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde if you like, but they have a lot of Romeo and Juliet and Power and Conflict poetry with them as well. You can always ask if you would still want it).
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Tolgarda
Not that I know of. I suggest that you just do copious practice questions. I did the same texts with Edexcel and was incredibly successful via this method. I've attached practice questions for An Inspector Calls for Edexcel in the link below (the odds of you being questioned on the importance of Gerald, Mr. Birling, guilty consciences and money are practically nought as they've already appeared in live assessment previously):

file:///C:/Users/orhan/Documents/Tolga's%20football%20&%20English/English/Year%2011%20Homework/English%20(Yr.%2011%20homework)/English%20Literature%20-%20Poetry,%20Play%20and%20Prose/AIC%20-%2020th%20century%20play/Paper%201%20-%20Section%20B%20-%20AIC.pdf

I have some for your Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde if you like, but they have a lot of Romeo and Juliet and Power and Conflict poetry with them as well. You can always ask if you would still want it).

Yes I would like them :yep: if you still have it and the link doesn't seem to be working :nope: Thanks :smile:
The link is not working, please update it
Thanks check out my thread, its called GCSE Journey
Reply 7
Original post by medicalsupernova
Yes I would like them :yep: if you still have it and the link doesn't seem to be working :nope: Thanks :smile:

Original post by Shravan177
The link is not working, please update it
Thanks check out my thread, its called GCSE Journey

I've attached the English literature questions for Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde below (these also contain Romeo and Juliet and Power and Conflict poetry, so be wary of that).
I've linked the An Inspector Calls questions here (hopefully they are accessible to all): https://app.luminpdf.com/viewer/kqLca48PCiRsBcy8G
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Tolgarda
I've attached the English literature questions for Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde below.
I've linked the An Inspector Calls questions here (hopefully they are accessible to all): https://app.luminpdf.com/viewer/kqLca48PCiRsBcy8G

Thanks check out my GYG pls https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5579362#primary_content

Quick Reply

Latest