The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Heya :smile: I haven't made a final decision, but considering North Yorkshire and East anglia :smile:
Hi everyone! I know this may be a silly question, but I was wondering if anyone knew whether the Oxford deanery actually uses the EPM score when shortlisting applicants for interview? :smile:
Reply 3
Hey!
I'm fairly sure I'm set on Yorkshire & North West England: just pretty nervous about Yorkshire as their website says they use EPM for cut-off if they receive more applications than interviews, and my EPM is awful :/ Will just have to keep fingers crossed as previous thread's said they seem to interview everyone! :crossedf:

If anyone else is looking at North West of England - just be aware that some of the codes on their website don't match up to the posts on oriel!

Original post by almostasurgeon
Hi everyone! I know this may be a silly question, but I was wondering if anyone knew whether the Oxford deanery actually uses the EPM score when shortlisting applicants for interview? :smile:

They seem to not want to give away any info on their website do they! "Oxford Foundation School has a rigorous internal scoring process that reflects academic achievement and responses to whitespace questions within Oriel applications. No further information on the process will be given." Might be worth checking last years AFP thread to see if it was discussed then?
Probably applying to Yorkshire and Scotland. Trying to draft answers to all these white space questions and it's going to be a long week ahead I reckon...
Reply 5
Is there any guidance on what counts as a prize and what doesn't?
I just noticed that on the Oriel application for the standard FP you're only required to submit details of one Referee...is it the same for the AFP?
Have they changed the system as I can remember people in the past saying 2 references were required?
Going for North West and seeing where I land. Probably won't get it but there's no harm in trying!
Original post by panda1093
I just noticed that on the Oriel application for the standard FP you're only required to submit details of one Referee...is it the same for the AFP?
Have they changed the system as I can remember people in the past saying 2 references were required?

Yes only one referee is required now. This is just for employment purposes and doesn't have any bearing on the application itself.
Reply 9
Hey! Just looking through the London AFP application and not sure what they mean by distinctions. Would A grades for modules count as distinctions or am I being silly?
Original post by Keez
Hey! Just looking through the London AFP application and not sure what they mean by distinctions. Would A grades for modules count as distinctions or am I being silly?

Our uni gives out the award of distinction for the top 10% in every academic year
Reply 11
Original post by Keez

Maybe contact your medical school but I think for AFP it'd need to be from a summative exam - like an end of year one rather than a module, unless those grades count towards your overall academic grade?
Reply 12
Original post by rb51995
Maybe contact your medical school but I think for AFP it'd need to be from a summative exam - like an end of year one rather than a module, unless those grades count towards your overall academic grade?

I doubt they will count and I know every medical school will have a different way of awarding these things. It just seems tempting to take advantage of the vagueness of what a "distinction" is haha
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 13
Does anybody know if the East Anglia - Cambridge deanery uses EPM in long-listing? Also does anybody know of a faster way of ranking jobs!? It took me hours flicking through them to make sure I was ranking them in a sensible order with regards to location!
Hi guys,

I got confirmation that I was shortlisted for interview yesterday for Y&H. Does anyone have any interview tips? Know anyone who did it last year?

Any help would be appreciated :smile:
LNR AFP deadline for shortlisting was on 26th October, but still haven't heard anything. Do I assume it's unsuccessful?
Original post by michael2468
LNR AFP deadline for shortlisting was on 26th October, but still haven't heard anything. Do I assume it's unsuccessful?

I would give it some more time
Hi everyone,
I also submitted an AFP application for London and West Midlands -
Does anyone have any idea when West Midlands announce their shortlisting of applicants/ Has anyone been offered an interview yet?
LNR AFP sent out interviews this morning on oriel!
I've applied to West Midlands as well - it says week beginning 3rd December on their applicant guide so hopefully then! Would rather know earlier than later though...

Anyone know much about these 2 interviews?
Original post by medic1995
LNR AFP sent out interviews this morning on oriel!
I've applied to West Midlands as well - it says week beginning 3rd December on their applicant guide so hopefully then! Would rather know earlier than later though...

Anyone know much about these 2 interviews?

Do you think they're interviewing everyone for LNR? My decile score is rubbish but managed to get an interview!

I don't know anything about the interviews for LNR, or anyone that's done it before... are you applying to research, education, or leadership?

Latest

Trending

Trending