The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Antibiotics
I wouldn’t say Liverpool accounts for personal statement quality at interview, they might ask questions based on it but actual quality isn’t assessed.

True, although you need a personal statement tailored to lead them to the right interview questions so the quality is relevant. As opposed to Newcastle where the personal statement is basically not used at all at any point.
Original post by McGravy
True, although you need a personal statement tailored to lead them to the right interview questions so the quality is relevant. As opposed to Newcastle where the personal statement is basically not used at all at any point.

The questions are set before hand :smile:
Original post by McGravy
Some of them may account for personal statement. Newcastle does not, Liverpool only does when at interview not before, Kings is UKCAT heavy so if they do it’s not likely to be a huge part of their reqs, Sheffield no clue.

But on the academics @Sammmyxxx you meet the standards for all 4.

Thats good, my PS is probably not my strong point as i dont have a lot of extracurricular activites on it - ive done like 6 months of work experience and tutoring but nothing major so im glad Newcastle doesnt look at it x
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
no there is no one 'uckat test for 2018' they change the questions everyday..

i suggest if you want a feel do medify they'll help :smile:

How was your UKCAT?
Original post by Anagh
How was your UKCAT?

got 615 not the best but oh well what can you do eh:smile:
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
got 615 not the best but oh well what can you do eh:smile:

wHERE ARE YOU APPLYING?
Original post by Anagh
wHERE ARE YOU APPLYING?

liverpool keele leicester Aston

:smile:

and then 2 pharmacy courses
for those that are recent graduates like myself, what do you plan on doing if you dont get into medicine this year? i tried last year, failed after 3 interviews. i was so confident that i would get in somewhere that i didnt apply for anything else. i am NOT making the same mistake again. i just hope that it doesnt come to it
Original post by singhaman
for those that are recent graduates like myself, what do you plan on doing if you dont get into medicine this year? i tried last year, failed after 3 interviews. i was so confident that i would get in somewhere that i didnt apply for anything else. i am NOT making the same mistake again. i just hope that it doesnt come to it

You’re in a much better position now as you can reflect on what went wrong last time and perhaps apply to unis with good ratios ie Warwick.

Anyway, I found a career, got on a career ladder. Trying to make the absolute most of this year so if staying here happens it won’t feel like a disaster. I think the worst thing I could’ve done is moved home with my parents just as I need to feel like my life is still going forward and my life doesn’t need to go on hold just because of medicine.
What are the current medical issues? So far I have: Dr Bawa Garba Case, AI in medicine and the problems with it, Effect of Brexit on the NHS, Junior Doctor contract, A&E waiting times, obesity and health campaigns, mental health, ageing populations, issues with increased demand... anything else??
Original post by Khushi.S
What are the current medical issues? So far I have: Dr Bawa Garba Case, AI in medicine and the problems with it, Effect of Brexit on the NHS, Junior Doctor contract, A&E waiting times, obesity and health campaigns, mental health, ageing populations, issues with increased demand... anything else??

The sugar tax
Original post by LifeIsSoHard
The sugar tax

Ah yes, of course. Anything else?
Original post by Khushi.S

The dr bawa case is very moot I think, it’s much more concerned with politics etc of the gmc.

Issues surrounding consent. Charlie gard and Alfie Evans is good to bring into this. Re S and Re T are other cases off of the top of my head.

Opt in and opt out organ donation

Privatisation of services within the nhs.

I could go on for days. Just get ISC book and that pretty much covers the general areas.
Reply 2093
Is 2340 above the 2nd decile
Original post by A*my
Is 2340 above the 2nd decile

It’s in the 2.8 decile I think
(edited 5 years ago)
google it
just search pearson ukcat deciles
you can put in your score
and it will tell you the exact percentage u were better than
Reply 2096
Original post by mnnbv
google it
just search pearson ukcat deciles
you can put in your score
and it will tell you the exact percentage u were better than

Just not sure because it says 2nd decile = 2280. Medical schools are giving me mixed messages about whether i meant their cutoff that I must not be in the bottom 2 deciles. So although my score is lower than the 3rd decile = 2360, I'm not sure which decile this means I am in
Original post by A*my
Just not sure because it says 2nd decile = 2280. Medical schools are giving me mixed messages about whether i meant their cutoff that I must not be in the bottom 2 deciles. So although my score is lower than the 3rd decile = 2360, I'm not sure which decile this means I am in

Bottom decile = 0-10%
Second bottom = 10-20%

Your score - 28%. Therefore you’ll be fine for keele and Sunderland. You are in the third decile.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Antibiotics
Bottom decile = 0-10%
Second bottom = 10-20%

Your score - 28%. Therefore you’ll be fine for keele and Sunderland. You are in the third decile.

Yaaaayyyyy! :thumbsup: :five:
Original post by GANFYD
Yaaaayyyyy! :thumbsup: :five:

The student has become the teacher 😂😂

Latest

Trending

Trending