The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone here applied to Oxford AFP? When should we expect to hear back from them re: shortlisting?
Where the Wales AFP lot at?👀
Interview in 2 weeks and currently bricking it.
Original post by bancrofti32
Anyone here applied to Oxford AFP? When should we expect to hear back from them re: shortlisting?

I applied. Last year they didn't get interview notifications until like a week before
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by akosdasd
I applied. Last year they didn't get interviews until like a week before

Wow! Thats doesn't leave much time to prepare if one is lucky enough to get shortlisted in the first place!
That's no time at all. Does anybody know when cambridge will be contacting? Or if they have already done so?
Original post by luminalfellow
That's no time at all. Does anybody know when cambridge will be contacting? Or if they have already done so?

Based on last year's data I guess its around same time as Oxford, after mid-Nov. I wonder what Oxford and Cambridge look for in the application for shortlisting.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by michael2468
Do you think they're interviewing everyone for LNR? My decile score is rubbish but managed to get an interview!

I don't know anything about the interviews for LNR, or anyone that's done it before... are you applying to research, education, or leadership?

I’m applying for leadership (/education) - what about you?
They probably are interviewing nearly everyone and i think that will be the main decider! Dont worry about your decile though - they’ve said on their page that educational achievements and interview matter more than decile, and i know people with below average deciles getting the LNR AFP.
Does anyone know much about the interview? They havent given any info but i know last year it was a 5 min presentation on either a leadership project idea or a paper that you’ve read, and a clinical scenario station.
Reply 27
Hi all. Just wondering has anyone heard back from EBH or Peninsula?
Hey, wondering if anyone could help me out here - got an interview, in the email they've asked for proof address, and to bring the orignal and a copy. Anyone know if a print out of an electric bill is acceptable? Can't seem to find the answer anywhere on the deanery website :/
Reply 29
How are people preparing for Yorkshire interview? From that e-mail we got yesterday it seems that academic station will be mainly about foundation programmes they have on offer and our own motivation for AFP.
Does anyone know if we need to analyze a paper or anything like that?
Original post by Tazi93
Hi all. Just wondering has anyone heard back from EBH or Peninsula?

No news from EBH.
Reply 31
Anyone heard from Northern deanery?
Original post by Bord3r
Anyone heard from Northern deanery?

No have you?
Reply 33
I emailed them - should be sending out interviews early next week
Anyone hear from Oxford? I know they were horrendously late last year
Original post by caulfields
Anyone hear from Oxford? I know they were horrendously late last year

From their website:

Shortlisted applicants will receive a notification email via Oriel from the week beginning 19th November 2018 with information and arrangements regarding their interview.

:dontknow:
Still no news from Northern..anyone got anything??
Reply 37
Original post by Trololo007
Still no news from Northern..anyone got anything??

Nope! Assuming tomorrow maybe 🤷🏼
Original post by KIBreeze
No news from EBH.

Sent them an email, they said the shortlisting results will be "available shortly".. whatever that means!
Reply 39
Original post by Deslucia
Sent them an email, they said the shortlisting results will be "available shortly".. whatever that means!

yeh that's what they said to me too! 'shortly' they've quoted 27th and 28th Nov as their interview dates so this doesn't give a lot of time to prepare.

Latest

Trending

Trending