The Student Room Group

Deutsche Bank - Situational Judgement Test?

Hello guys,

I applied for the Graduate Programme - Corporate Finance. And today I got invited to do the SJT before doing the numerical/verbal tests. Is this normal?

I remember last year I did the numerical and verbal test first. I actually passed. So my question since I passed last year I don't need to do them again or it is just a different process?

Scroll to see replies

they've changed the process - sjt this year, no numerical/verbal
Reply 2
Original post by lowwkey
they've changed the process - sjt this year, no numerical/verbal

Thank you for your reply! did you do it? Can you advice me anything?
Reply 3
Have you done the SJT? Would you mind telling me how it went?
Reply 4
Original post by msfood
Have you done the SJT? Would you mind telling me how it went?

Not yet.... Usually I am kinda unlucky with SJTs, so I'm trying to study a little bit
Reply 5
But initiative doesn't mean work extra hours and try to meet the impossible deadlines, right? Its more like be independent
When it comes to any SJT don't answer what you want to do. Answer what they'd want you to do. You know taking the initiative, being flexible, hard working etc.
Reply 7
For example this question:
So your manager approaches you and asks for some research that you are not that familiar with. You want to impress him and you know one of your colleagues has recently carried out similar research.

Pick the most effective and least effective
1) Meet with the colleague that recently conducted similar research to evaluate the approach they used to research a prospective client.
2) Follow what you can from your manager's outline and start to conduct the research to the best of your own ability.
3)Start the research by focusing on the areas you are more certain about and approach your colleague for help when you are unsure about certain parts.

Any suggestion? thanks!
Has anyone here heard back about results of SJT?
Reply 9
Original post by Call911
Has anyone here heard back about results of SJT?

I passed the SJT, then got rejected for the 1st interview. Story of my life
Original post by Maddiie

Atleast you heard back after SJT. Can you please tell me what kind of questions they asked you? (And which program you applied for)
Original post by Maddiie

Atleast you heard back after SJT. Can you please tell me what kind of questions they asked you? (And which program you applied for)
Also, after how much time of SJT did they replied to you?
Anyone? Any update about interviews or results of SJT?
Reply 13
Would someone already did the sjt mind telling about the questions? was it similar to the examples provided on the official website?
Original post by W.K
Would someone already did the sjt mind telling about the questions? was it similar to the examples provided on the official website?

Can't remember them exactly but they were pretty typical sjt questions. Just practice a few and it should be easy
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 15
Thank you
Original post by username4149802

Original post by Maddiie

Hi Maddiie,
Do you have any tips to provide for SJT?
And what did they ask in first interview?
I am applying from Germany.
Hope it would be similar.

I would really appreciate it!
Hi is there anyone that has heard back after the SJT?IF you did how long did it took for them to get back to you? After you have done the test, was there any email ? if there was how fast wast that email sent?
Reply 18
Hi, Where did you practice for the SJT?
hi, did you ever find out how long it takes for them to get back to you? I just completed my SJT.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending