The Student Room Group

The 2019 A-level economics study group

Welcome to the A-level Economics Study Group:party2:
Economics is a really interesting subject so we thought we'd have a thread for all the students taking it, Year 12 and 13. Here you can get help with any economics questions you have, chat about the invisible hand, share interesting graphs (we love a supply and demand curves, don't we?), how you're revising and anything else you can think of!

Here are some resources we've gathered- if you've got any suggestions please let me know!:yep:

Specifications

Other resources

This thread is for anything economics, but to start off discussion, try answering some of these questions:
Which exam board are you doing?
Why did you pick economics?
Are you being entered in for any exams this year?
What's been your favourite topic so far?
What's been challenging in economics so far?
What do you want to study at uni?

Good luck everyone:hugs:
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Thank you to Toastiekid for starting the thread off.

I am doing the Edexcel Economics A.

I picked Economics, because I was intrigued by the ways Economics has impacts on every little thing in the country.

I have an exam in 4 months.

Definitely, revising the content and being able to apply to the long answer questions and ESPECIALLY the 25 marker.

Economics XD!
Reply 2
Original post by TurboZX453

I picked Economics, because I was intrigued by the ways Economics has impacts on every little thing in the country.

Definitely, revising the content and being able to apply to the long answer questions and ESPECIALLY the 25 marker.

Economics XD!

No problem:biggrin:
Economics is so interesting in that way, we’ve just started macro (I’m year 12) and whoa econ influences the govt etc so much:gasp:
Good luck:thumbsup: (I also do because I’m taking the AS level then dropping econ at the end of the year:sadnod:)
The long answer questions are disgusting:cry: I really need to work on them..
Hii, I do edexcel economics A
I am in year 12 and i mocks at the end of February but i am not sure how to revise economics.
Does anyone have any advise in terms of revising for economics?
Thank you so much for making this!
I’m Year 12, OCR Economics!
Mocks/FTEs in April!
Fav - Maecro objectives
Foe - All the frigging graphs!

I’m thinking of either Accounting or Econ...
Original post by Toastiekid
No problem:biggrin:
Economics is so interesting in that way, we’ve just started macro (I’m year 12) and whoa econ influences the govt etc so much:gasp:
Good luck:thumbsup: (I also do because I’m taking the AS level then dropping econ at the end of the year:sadnod:)
The long answer questions are disgusting:cry: I really need to work on them..

If you’re dropping what’s the point in taking? You might as well put all focus and energy into your ongoing goes.
I'm doing AQA Economics (anyone else?)
I picked economics because it just seemed really interesting and I was right since it's now my fave subject!
I have no official exams this year - just mocks.
Favourite topic so far - probably market failure
I've been finding it a bit difficult to answer the longer questions
Not 100% sure of what to study at uni but maybe comp sci or economics
Reply 7
Thanks to @Toastiekid for setting this thread up.

I'm a Year 13 student who's following the Edexcel A-Level economics Specification A and I'm more than happy to try and help/share resources for this specification. I also strongly recommend using UpLearn for economics.
ocr
Original post by Presence
ocr

12 or 13?
Reply 10
Original post by shola_david22
I am in year 12 and i mocks at the end of February but i am not sure how to revise economics.

I assume you'll be doing mock AS papers. Focus on your gaps and get those secure. The most important thing is to make sure you don't make sloppy mistakes in Section A as it's generally quite straightforward and make sure you do as much practice with the essays in Section B and remember chains of reasoning for each point. I do have resources for both Yr12/13 but since it's not on OneDrive or something similar it's slightly troublesome for me to share them.
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
I assume you'll be doing mock AS papers. Focus on your gaps and get those secure. The most important thing is to make sure you don't make sloppy mistakes in Section A as it's generally quite straightforward and make sure you do as much practice with the essays in Section B and remember chains of reasoning for each point. I do have resources for both Yr12/13 but since it's not on OneDrive or something similar it's slightly troublesome for me to share them.

Thank you very much for your help:h:
Original post by james.clk
12 or 13?

12:biggrin:
Original post by shola_david22

Good luck:smile:
my main issue is timings so i try to do essay questions in (almost) exam style conditions:wink:

Thank you so much for making this!
I’m Year 12, OCR Economics!
Mocks/FTEs in April!
Fav - Maecro objectives
Foe - All the frigging graphs!

I’m thinking of either Accounting or Econ...

good luck:grin:
agreed- the graphs are annoying but i'm sure we'll get used to them:yes:

If you’re dropping what’s the point in taking? You might as well put all focus and energy into your ongoing goes.

my school is very different to most schools; we all take the same three (full) a-levels and take one as-level (in one of two subjects), the focus is on the main three a-levels so much that the fourth subject is a bit of a break if i'm honest:smile:
Original post by Fazzy_77
I'm doing AQA Economics (anyone else?)
I picked economics because it just seemed really interesting and I was right since it's now my fave subject!
I have no official exams this year - just mocks.
Favourite topic so far - probably market failure
I've been finding it a bit difficult to answer the longer questions
Not 100% sure of what to study at uni but maybe comp sci or economics

econ is probably my favourite subject too at the moment:gah:
long questions:ahhhhh:
good luck:wink:
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Thanks to @Toastiekid for setting this thread up.

I'm a Year 13 student who's following the Edexcel A-Level economics Specification A and I'm more than happy to try and help/share resources for this specification. I also strongly recommend using UpLearn for economics.

no problem:smile:
if you've got any resources you're welcome to edit them into the op:grin:
thank you
I'm in year 12 (AS) currently studying Economics
Exam Board: WJEC
Anyone else on the WJEC on TSR/ any threads?
Interested in finding people ideally on the same board if not doesn't matter but who are taking at least one of the subjects that I do. (Maths & History aswell)
(edited 5 years ago)

Economics XD!

Hi im slao doing econonics in 4 months

Economics XD!

Original post by Toastiekid

Welcome to the A-level Economics Study Group:party2:
Economics is a really interesting subject so we thought we'd have a thread for all the students taking it, Year 12 and 13. Here you can get help with any economics questions you have, chat about the invisible hand, share interesting graphs (we love a supply and demand curves, don't we?), how you're revising and anything else you can think of!

Here are some resources we've gathered- if you've got any suggestions please let me know!:yep:

Specifications

Other resources

This thread is for anything economics, but to start off discussion, try answering some of these questions:
Which exam board are you doing?
Why did you pick economics?
Are you being entered in for any exams this year?
What's been your favourite topic so far?
What's been challenging in economics so far?
What do you want to study at uni?

Good luck everyone:hugs:

I’m in year 13 doing the edexcel economics A. Exams in May. My favourite theme is definitely theme 2; it’s so relevant and broad compared to the niche theme 1 + 3 (still don’t understand pollution permits lol) I’m doing economics at uni. Maybe we could get a group chat going on insta/snapchat to help eachother out????
Original post by lucycharnock123
I’m in year 13 doing the edexcel economics A. Exams in May. My favourite theme is definitely theme 2; it’s so relevant and broad compared to the niche theme 1 + 3 (still don’t understand pollution permits lol) I’m doing economics at uni. Maybe we could get a group chat going on insta/snapchat to help eachother out????

I agree
Original post by lucycharnock123
I’m in year 13 doing the edexcel economics A. Exams in Ma My favourite theme is definitely theme 2; it’s so relevant and broad compared to the niche theme 1 + 3 (still don’t understand pollution permits lol) I’m doing economics at uni. Maybe we could get a group chat going on insta/snapchat to help eachother out????

Same here lol. Also theres a youtuber called Econplusdal who covers Economics A level really well. You guys should check him out

Quick Reply

Latest