The Student Room Group

Online property viewing

Hi 👋

I am validating an idea for a property viewing service and wanted your advice.

I am looking to create a service that helps local and international university students view multiple properties online using panoramic pictures before they pick and choose.

What do you think? Have you see this before?
That is literally just every real estate listing that is online.......
Reply 2
Original post by SomeWelshGuy123
That is literally just every real estate listing that is online.......

Thank you for your response.
from my research most property listings from property sites such as zoopla and Rightmove have still pictures for display.
Original post by Eddyu12
Hi 👋

I am validating an idea for a property viewing service and wanted your advice.

I am looking to create a service that helps local and international university students view multiple properties online using panoramic pictures before they pick and choose.

What do you think? Have you see this before?

Personally, I have found that any panoramic pictures I have looked at for properties (both student and private) have been extremely misleading, as they usually make the rooms appear much bigger (and with higher ceilings) than in real life.

My old halls room was the one the staff 'filmed' for a panoramic tour on my halls company's website, and I didn't view it until after I moved in. If they hadn't told me it was my room, I would have thought it was a completely different room, with coincidentally the same furniture layout.
Original post by Eddyu12
Thank you for your response.
from my research most property listings from property sites such as zoopla and Rightmove have still pictures for display.

Rightmove has virtual tours ...
Reply 5
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Personally, I have found that any panoramic pictures I have looked at for properties (both student and private) have been extremely misleading, as they usually make the rooms appear much bigger (and with higher ceilings) than in real life.

My old halls room was the one the staff 'filmed' for a panoramic tour on my halls company's website, and I didn't view it until after I moved in. If they hadn't told me it was my room, I would have thought it was a completely different room, with coincidentally the same furniture layout.

Thank you for your feedback
I would never trust it without seeing it. Any image will skip over negatives and be taken in a way to make the room look bigger. Plus you can't see problems in photos and they could be old.
Our family have bought an dsold enough things on ebay to know that photographs make anything look biggers, cleaner, newer than it is in real life, to know that we would never choose a place to live based on pictures alone. I also wouldn't pay for a service looking for flats/rooms to rent when estate agents offer that for free. Possibly international students might, but, generally in the first year they are accomodates by the university and in subsequent years they would be in the country and available to look physically themselves.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending