The Student Room Group

O2 Appenticesip Video Interview

I got invited to do a video interview for an apprenticeship at O2 however i can't find anything online that would help me prepare (i.e. finding example questions from previous applications). Has anyone got any hints/tips // already done the video interview?

Scroll to see replies

I would suspect the same questions of an interview in real life, only difference is through a video chat. Wear the same clothes as you would to a normal interview. Check this out: https://www.reed.co.uk/career-advice/top-tips-for-video-interviews/
It's a one way video interview. I've done two already but messed them up coz i was so anxious. I have two tomorrow and have managed to find alot on the other one (questions other people had for their interview etc...) but none for O2. Thanks tho :smile:
Original post by CameronWS
I would suspect the same questions of an interview in real life, only difference is through a video chat. Wear the same clothes as you would to a normal interview. Check this out: https://www.reed.co.uk/career-advice/top-tips-for-video-interviews/
Have you completed the VI for O2, if so what were the questions like? I've also made it to the VI stage and have until Wednesday to complete it. I've looked at the grad scheme thread on here and the questions for grads are all competency based. Not sure if it's the same for apprenticeships
Original post by Mariam2701
I got invited to do a video interview for an apprenticeship at O2 however i can't find anything online that would help me prepare (i.e. finding example questions from previous applications). Has anyone got any hints/tips // already done the video interview?
I haven’t completed the VI yet, I’m going to do it later today.
Yea, I’ve been looking for some on glassdoor but it’s all for the graduate scheme or actual jobs. I’m assuming it’ll be similar to other VIs and will be on stuff like why o2 and why we are a good fit etc.
Which scheme did you apply for and have you applied for any others ? Good luck with your VI :smile:
Original post by nasser_96
Have you completed the VI for O2, if so what were the questions like? I've also made it to the VI stage and have until Wednesday to complete it. I've looked at the grad scheme thread on here and the questions for grads are all competency based. Not sure if it's the same for apprenticeships
I've applied for the finance scheme. I applied for many finance/consulting apprenticeships earlier in the year (EY, PwC, Deloitte, JP Morgan and a few others) but struggled at the VI stage for all except one (failed on the app stage on that one). I've now switched my focus to IT/engineering (Cisco, Jaguar land rover, Mercedes, etc.) I've made it beyond the app stage for all so I'm hoping I can finally make it to one AC 🤞

Which scheme have you applied for and what other companies do you have a VI with? Good luck with your VI as well, let me know how you did :smile:
I haven’t completed the VI yet, I’m going to do it later today.
Yea, I’ve been looking for some on glassdoor but it’s all for the graduate scheme or actual jobs. I’m assuming it’ll be similar to other VIs and will be on stuff like why o2 and why we are a good fit etc.
Which scheme did you apply for and have you applied for any others ? Good luck with your VI :smile:
I've mainly applied for management. For O2 ive applied for business administration in Slough as the HQ is near where i live 😂. I applied to Unilever, O2, BT, british airways, EY , Rolls royce
RR i failed at the online test, EY rejected me at the VI
Unilever & BT I've completed the VI so im just waiting to hear back and im gonna do the O2 one today so i hope that goes well
for BA ive got the AC as i had a do a phone "interview" and not a VI which i kinda preferred .
when are you gonna do ur O2 VI?
lets hope we both make it through to the AC :smile:

I've applied for the finance scheme. I applied for many finance/consulting apprenticeships earlier in the year (EY, PwC, Deloitte, JP Morgan and a few others) but struggled at the VI stage for all except one (failed on the app stage on that one). I've now switched my focus to IT/engineering (Cisco, Jaguar land rover, Mercedes, etc.) I've made it beyond the app stage for all so I'm hoping I can finally make it to one AC 🤞

Which scheme have you applied for and what other companies do you have a VI with? Good luck with your VI as well, let me know how you did :smile:
At least you've had some success. Congrats on making the AC for BA. I've also got a telephone interview instead of a VI for a project management apprenticeship with Mace, which I prefer as well. The finance scheme at O2 is in Slough as well, so I'd have to relocate if I do go for this one. I'm going to do my VI either today or tomorrow, I've got until Wednesday plus I really want to know what the questions will be like. Fingers crossed we do get through
I've mainly applied for management. For O2 ive applied for business administration in Slough as the HQ is near where i live 😂. I applied to Unilever, O2, BT, british airways, EY , Rolls royce
RR i failed at the online test, EY rejected me at the VI
Unilever & BT I've completed the VI so im just waiting to hear back and im gonna do the O2 one today so i hope that goes well
for BA ive got the AC as i had a do a phone "interview" and not a VI which i kinda preferred .
when are you gonna do ur O2 VI?
lets hope we both make it through to the AC :smile:
Thank you and good luck for you phone interview.
if you dont mind me asking, where would you be relocating from?
Im doing my VI later today so ill let you know how it goes :smile:

At least you've had some success. Congrats on making the AC for BA. I've also got a telephone interview instead of a VI for a project management apprenticeship with Mace, which I prefer as well. The finance scheme at O2 is in Slough as well, so I'd have to relocate if I do go for this one. I'm going to do my VI either today or tomorrow, I've got until Wednesday plus I really want to know what the questions will be like. Fingers crossed we do get through
Thank you :smile: I'd be relocating from East London. Bit far out to commute everyday but not too far to relocate 😂 Would be fun
Thank you and good luck for you phone interview.
if you dont mind me asking, where would you be relocating from?
Im doing my VI later today so ill let you know how it goes :smile:
That's not too bad, if we both make it you'll have me to show you round😂. I'm going to do my VI later today or maybe tomorrow, I've been trying to put it off as much as I can 😂
Thank you :smile: I'd be relocating from East London. Bit far out to commute everyday but not too far to relocate 😂 Would be fun
I just did the VI, the questions weren't bad but i really messed it up because i was so anxious and thrown off by a rejection so i guess i'll have to wait and see now
I'm hoping there's many decent spots you could show me round Slough 😂 How many questions were there and were they competency ones? I'm sure you did good :smile:
I just did the VI, the questions weren't bad but i really messed it up because i was so anxious and thrown off by a rejection so i guess i'll have to wait and see now
I mean there isn’t much around Slough to show 😂😂 And there were 3 questions and it was just stuff like why o2, something about technology, and demands between work and study
I'm hoping there's many decent spots you could show me round Slough 😂 How many questions were there and were they competency ones? I'm sure you did good :smile:
Let's hope I don't have to move to Slough 😂 jk I'm sure it's a nice place, I hope. Not too bad then, hopefully I can pass this VI
I mean there isn’t much around Slough to show 😂😂 And there were 3 questions and it was just stuff like why o2, something about technology, and demands between work and study
I mean it’s alrig I guess 😂I don’t live in Slough so idk everything about it but I go into town and stuff a lot and it’s alright. And you’ll do fab on the VI dw :smile: lemme know how it goes for you !
Let's hope I don't have to move to Slough 😂 jk I'm sure it's a nice place, I hope. Not too bad then, hopefully I can pass this VI
Anyone heard back from the VI ?
Original post by Ameliahayze
Anyone heard back from the VI ?

not yet but if you log back into the portal you can see if they've seen it or not if the date is after you've submitted the VI. they saw mine the day after i did it but haven't heard back yet
Hi, what did you apply for regarding BA and BT, i've got an interview for BA on the 10th April so might see you there depending on the role you chose :smile:
Original post by charlotte_ftz
Hi, what did you apply for regarding BA and BT, i've got an interview for BA on the 10th April so might see you there depending on the role you chose :smile:

Hey, for BA i applied for the project management apprenticeship, i have an assessment day for that one the 10th too at 8:45 am. what did you apply for?
for BT i got rejected at the VI

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending