The Student Room Group

Virgin Media Graduate Scheme 2023

I've applied for the Virgin Business graduate scheme for 2023 and completed my video interview. Got an email to say that I did well in the video interview but would confirm if I'm shortlisted soon. Anyone else get this or had a direct offer to an AC?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EKHarrison
I've applied for the Virgin Business graduate scheme for 2023 and completed my video interview. Got an email to say that I did well in the video interview but would confirm if I'm shortlisted soon. Anyone else get this or had a direct offer to an AC?

I got a similar email a few days ago but I think the assessment centres are in 3 weeks so I guess we’ll probably hear something soon.

Hi, I have a question regarding the application. For the question where they ask something like "Can you give us an example (in your personal life) of a product/service/experience that you think showcases a best-in-class use of digital?" For this, is one or two sentences enough as the answer or we have to give a long answer, I am not sure because there is no word limit?

Same here, nothing since then though
Reply 4
Hi, yeah I got the same email then received an invite to book my assessment centre yesterday. Did anyone else find it kind of confusing/stressful lol, I'm assuming I managed to book onto the one on the 17th (?) but still haven't received any follow up email/phone call and kind of stressing as its in 2 days :'))
Original post by ffb2606
Hi, yeah I got the same email then received an invite to book my assessment centre yesterday. Did anyone else find it kind of confusing/stressful lol, I'm assuming I managed to book onto the one on the 17th (?) but still haven't received any follow up email/phone call and kind of stressing as its in 2 days :'))

Congrats !! I haven’t heard anything back yet but had an email yesterday saying they’re still considering me so fingers crossed. Do you know what you’ll have to do for the assessment centre or how long it will go on for?
Original post by ffb2606

How did your assessment centre go?
What's the video interview like? Mine says I will have 5 questions to answer for the technology role. That doesn't seem like a lot, what kind of things should I prepare for? Is it more competency based questions, like examples of when I worked in a team etc?

Also, how much time are you given to think about your answer per question? Is there a timer ticking down for when the recording will start? Are you able to rerecord?

Thanks for any advice. This is my very first pre recorded video interview so I'm a bit nervous haha.
Has anyone heard back after ac?
I haven’t yet, although I had a couple of missed calls from them earlier. Have you heard anything? I’m applying for the business scheme
Original post by apple2002

I can’t respond to your PM because I’ve only just made an account but I had a couple of missed calls at 2pm. I called back but no one picked up - I wouldn’t worry I reckon it’s more likely they need my info from me or something. The last email I got from them was a just eat voucher on Monday lol, what about you have you heard anything? PM me your email if you want to talk about it I can respond privately on there :smile:
Original post by Lkef2001
I can’t respond to your PM because I’ve only just made an account but I had a couple of missed calls at 2pm. I called back but no one picked up - I wouldn’t worry I reckon it’s more likely they need my info from me or something. The last email I got from them was a just eat voucher on Monday lol, what about you have you heard anything? PM me your email if you want to talk about it I can respond privately on there :smile:

Yh I got that voucher too on Monday lmao. I’ve still not heard back though. At this point I reckon it’s a rejection tbh :frown:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by apple2002

Hi,

Yes I have heard back got a cal on Wednesday telling me they’d like to make me an offer.

Unsure if I was the first? They did actually tell me that 8 others have been offered a space which is higher than other years where they do 4/5.
Original post by JosephS07
Hi,

Yes I have heard back got a cal on Wednesday telling me they’d like to make me an offer.

Unsure if I was the first? They did actually tell me that 8 others have been offered a space which is higher than other years where they do 4/5.

Hi Joseph, congratulations on getting the offer!! Do you by chance remember what sort of questions they asked in your video interview, they told me I have it last minute :frown:
hi guys, I've only just completed my application for the digital scheme. I'm just about to do the SJT. I can't believe some of you guys have already done ACs and received job offers, well done!!!

can anyone give an insight into how long they take to reply in between stages?

thanks!
has anyone got any advice for the video interview? thanks
Hey everyone! Congratulations to those of you who are progressing through the application process! I've applied for the Strategy scheme. I was just wondering how long it took for you to get a rejection or invitation to video interview after completing the SJT?
Original post by housecat123
Hey everyone! Congratulations to those of you who are progressing through the application process! I've applied for the Strategy scheme. I was just wondering how long it took for you to get a rejection or invitation to video interview after completing the SJT?

i completed SJT on the 19/12 and found out I had gotten through to the video interview the next day
did everyone have their assessment centre face to face in Slough?
Original post by housecat123

I did my SJT for Digital on 31st December and haven't heard back since.

Quick Reply

Latest