The Student Room Group

Detective Constable Met Police Grad Scheme

Scroll to see replies

I think I heard that training was Monday to Friday and one week you do 8-4 and the following week 2pm-10pm. Or something like that.
Original post by Backtowork
Hi congrats!!
Just wondering if you have any idea yet of schedule and what your day to day times are for training
also isthe training based in London ?

Thank you :smile:
Oh wow thank you!
I guess childcare will have to be arranged from now!

On that note does anyone with young children or child work as a tdc and allowed to request flexible working?
Do you think I can request it as I’m due back from maternity soon and childcare for a 9month old baby 2-10pm isn’t going to be realistic :frown:
Original post by DCwannabe
I think I heard that training was Monday to Friday and one week you do 8-4 and the following week 2pm-10pm. Or something like that.
Original post by Backtowork
Oh wow thank you!
I guess childcare will have to be arranged from now!

On that note does anyone with young children or child work as a tdc and allowed to request flexible working?
Do you think I can request it as I’m due back from maternity soon and childcare for a 9month old baby 2-10pm isn’t going to be realistic :frown:

I think there are no options during training. When on borough you can ask for flexible working but it’s not guaranteed. If you google it you should be able to find the met flexible working policy.
Thank you
Yep already got and printed ! Will be having a read through tonight most defo

Thanks again and good luck!
Hello, could someone explain to me how day 2 was like I heard if u just want to do detective constable scheme you don’t have to do fitness test and BMI. But if you want to do police officer in case you get rejected for DC you have to do fitness test and BMI? Also well done to the people that are starting soon you’ll all be one of London’s finest.
Reply 85
Original post by Char2302
Hi

Just wondering if anyone has done their day 1 assessment centre since the start of this year and how long it took to hear whether you'd passed or not. Had mine in February so I'm wondering what kinda time scale to expect.

Thanks!

Hey!

I had my assessment centre for day one on the 30th Jan and got an email yesterday saying I’ve been successful and to proceed on to the verbal reasoning tests before booking onto day two.

They said on day one it would take 2-4 weeks for a response but mine was nearly 6 weeks haha

Good luck!
Reply 86
Did anyone who has booked onto Day 3 / completed Day 3 already go to the Prep Workshop they put on before it?

I’m booked onto an AM session which is 9-1 but I wanted to know if the session actually lasts that long? All my other assessments (Day 1 & 2) didn’t last as long as they said it would. I’m working a late shift so I’m due to start at 12:30 so just wanted to gauge how late I’ll be so I can speak to my manager.

Any help/info would be great!
Reply 87
Congrats on getting this far! Just wondering the time frame between doing your day 2 and being able to book your day 3. How long did you have to wait?

Thanks!
Original post by Appli12
Did anyone who has booked onto Day 3 / completed Day 3 already go to the Prep Workshop they put on before it?

I’m booked onto an AM session which is 9-1 but I wanted to know if the session actually lasts that long? All my other assessments (Day 1 & 2) didn’t last as long as they said it would. I’m working a late shift so I’m due to start at 12:30 so just wanted to gauge how late I’ll be so I can speak to my manager.

Any help/info would be great!
Reply 88
Original post by LCE2
Congrats on getting this far! Just wondering the time frame between doing your day 2 and being able to book your day 3. How long did you have to wait?

Thanks!

Thanks!

I had my Day 2 on the 6th February and got invited to Day 3 on the 11th March so almost 5 weeks (:
Reply 89
Hey, can anyone tell me how long it takes to find out if you pass the verbal?
I got mine in 3 days so 1-7 days their fast
Original post by laurttt
Hey, can anyone tell me how long it takes to find out if you pass the verbal?
I had mine last week and got the result this morning. So about 4 days.

(Original post by Vathh06)Attended my day 3 recently, I am still waiting to see how it went. Anyone else attended a day 3 recently? How long does it take to hear back?
wow you got your day 3 results 4 days later?

(Original post by Vathh06)Attended my day 3 recently, I am still waiting to see how it went. Anyone else attended a day 3 recently? How long does it take to hear back?
Reply 93
How did you get on ?

I know. Amazing isn’t it.
Original post by KJReborn
wow you got your day 3 results 4 days later?
I passed.
Original post by mimio00
How did you get on ?
you must've been amazing lol any tips?
I know. Amazing isn’t it.
I did find it quite tough, especially the interview. I’d say just learn the competencies and think of good examples that match them.
Original post by KJReborn
you must've been amazing lol any tips?
Reply 98
Is anyone still waiting for dates to book their day three? It's been 6 weeks for me now.
Reply 99
Congrats
I passed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending