The Student Room Group

power and conflict poetry AQA

Any tips for revising the poems, key quotes I could use or links to other poems?

I haven't revised all poems apart from the six we had in mocks and I don't know what links or key quotes to pick
Original post by Olxvxa
Any tips for revising the poems, key quotes I could use or links to other poems?

I haven't revised all poems apart from the six we had in mocks and I don't know what links or key quotes to pick

I'm just about to revise English lit & all the poems - what I'm gonna do is annotate every poem in my poetry anthology book. If you don't have that, just make a makeshift one and print out all the poems you need to revise. Then pick out 3 quotes of each poem to remember - one from the beginning, one from the middle and one from the end, to show you've got an idea of the whole poem. Then you should be good to go :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by XKangaotiCX
I'm just about to revise English lit & all the poems - what I'm gonna do is annotate every poem in my poetry anthology book. If you don't have that, just make a makeshift one and print out all the poems you need to revise. Then pick out 3 quotes of each poem to remember - one from the beginning, one from the middle and one from the end, to show you've got an idea of the whole poem. Then you should be good to go :biggrin:

I have the anthology all annotated and Ive chosen 5/6 quotes for most of them. Is that too many because they all link to different themes??
Original post by Olxvxa
I have the anthology all annotated and Ive chosen 5/6 quotes for most of them. Is that too many because they all link to different themes??

It's only too many if you can't remember them all. It's safer to go with less quotes, but know you have a higher chance of remembering it, otherwise there is no point trying to learn that many.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending