The Student Room Group

Is anyone watching Britain's Got Talent this year?

As specified above. I am :smile:

Scroll to see replies

yeah, it's almost dung. I say almost because there were a small number of good acts so far. I'm convinced it's scripted, Simon is too dang nice.
Original post by Leviathan1611
yeah, it's almost dung. I say almost because there were a small number of good acts so far. I'm convinced it's scripted, Simon is too dang nice.

I'm surprised his golden buzzer this year was a comedian and not a singer
Original post by StudyBunny33

yeah im only watchin glimpses here and there or getting the highlights via youtube like the golden buzzer

but i do think the golden buzzers are coming out rather quick its at a rate of 1 buzzer a week and im sure they've got quite a few weeks ahead

not to mention aleshas terrible style choices i cant wait for her to get scrapped shes a pain to watch and listen to
david walliams isnt too bad, hes a joker but i think having the same 4 year after year is boring and they lose their spark, simons a staple in every got talent show but i would want to see new faces

alesha is a massive 2 faced snake with no relevancy to start off with (its like when she said she didnt enjoy someones stand up in the first round then to the live shows she says how much she loved his audition and made her crack up)

davids sweets but same old moves, same old reactions, same old trying to wind simon up

and i dont even know where amanda came from. honestly they're a dull panel with nothing special about them
Reply 5
I saw one audition a few weeks ago and decided never to watch it again. A woman was apparently a witch and took Amanda down into the basement of the building and basically the 'magic part' was just that the woman auditioning switched places with another women in the dark when the lights cut off. So basically, going against the thesis of it being a 'talent' show, the production team helped this woman by putting on loads of effects (like flickering lights and fake smoke) and she didn't even do anything impressive. Then all the judges were so surprised and impressed which really pissed me off.
Original post by sfaraj
david walliams isnt too bad, hes a joker but i think having the same 4 year after year is boring and they lose their spark, simons a staple in every got talent show but i would want to see new faces

alesha is a massive 2 faced snake with no relevancy to start off with (its like when she said she didnt enjoy someones stand up in the first round then to the live shows she says how much she loved his audition and made her crack up)

davids sweets but same old moves, same old reactions, same old trying to wind simon up

and i dont even know where amanda came from. honestly they're a dull panel with nothing special about them

Simon's been on that show for years, he's getting a little old now
I am watching it too
But I think that Britain's Got More Talent is better with Stephen Mulhern

They've seemed to be heading down the comedy route, since it's the one that normally wins. Singers actually have it tougher since they have to go up against all kinds of talent.
Yeah- the camera was not showing the part when the magician turned into the witch lady
Original post by idk01
I saw one audition a few weeks ago and decided never to watch it again. A woman was apparently a witch and took Amanda down into the basement of the building and basically the 'magic part' was just that the woman auditioning switched places with another women in the dark when the lights cut off. So basically, going against the thesis of it being a 'talent' show, the production team helped this woman by putting on loads of effects (like flickering lights and fake smoke) and she didn't even do anything impressive. Then all the judges were so surprised and impressed which really pissed me off.
Isn't it so coincidental how in every episode so far there has been one gold buzzer
:biggrin:The one earing she wears though- when she has two ear piercings lol
Original post by sfaraj
yeah im only watchin glimpses here and there or getting the highlights via youtube like the golden buzzer

but i do think the golden buzzers are coming out rather quick its at a rate of 1 buzzer a week and im sure they've got quite a few weeks ahead

not to mention aleshas terrible style choices i cant wait for her to get scrapped shes a pain to watch and listen to
Original post by Study_Girl 7
Isn't it so coincidental how in every episode so far there has been one gold buzzer

I think its been like that every single season
oh sorry lol
I think its been like that every single season
As specified above. I am :smile:

The auditions I've been watching on playback so the adverts and talky parts can be fastforwarded. :colone: when it gets to the semis and finals it does get watched :smile: (Although I think one year BGT final was put on the same night as Eurovision so had to skip that one
nopes :biggrin:
Ive watched bits of it.
The 10 year old girl singing last night was really good.
So was that older comedian woman who got through the other week.
used to, just watch clips on youtube now if they come up in recommended :smile:
Yes
Original post by sfaraj

The auditions only are only shown for about 6 weeks, so when you've got 5 possible golden buzzers they've got to pack it in.

Quick Reply

Latest