What Christmas greeting do you say

This is a debate I have every year so let’s settle this 🎄
I hate it when people say Happy Christmas
(edited 4 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by agent_duck343

I am a German. I wish everyone 'Frohe Weihnachten' when I meet Germans around. If I would be in Britain, I say 'Merry Christmas'.
Reply 2
'pass the Baileys'

No I kind of agree I think?

But mostly hate anyone who says Crimbo/Crimble/similar :yucky:
Original post by Kallisto
I am a German. I wish everyone 'Frohe Weihnachten' when I meet Germans around. If I would be in Britain, I say 'Merry Christmas'.

Makes sense. If I were in another country for Christmas I would probbaly learn the local phrase
Original post by Saracen's Fez
No I kind of agree I think?

But mostly hate anyone who says Crimbo/Crimble/similar :yucky:

Yessss this is so annoying
ew :yucky: Christmas
Original post by Chronoscope
:merry:

🎄🎄🎄
Original post by Father Christmas
:merryxmas:

🎄🎄🎄
Original post by Father Christmas
:merryxmas:

That's the emoji I was looking for :biggrin:
Original post by The Grinch
ew :yucky: Christmas

When will your heart grow three sizes bigger 🥲. I watched the movie (the Jim Carrey version) on Friday and was literally saying all of your lines
Makes sense. If I were in another country for Christmas I would probbaly learn the local phrase

Joyeux Noel is the French local phrase and if you like to know another ones, @the bear is your man. :yes:
Joyeux Noël

So closer to Happy Christmas
I say Merry Christmas. I don't mind 'Happy Christmas' but 'Happy Holidays' is a bit of a(n irrational) pet peeve of mine :colondollar:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I say Merry Christmas. I don't mind 'Happy Christmas' but 'Happy Holidays' is a bit of a(n irrational) pet peeve of mine :colondollar:

That’s interesting. I don’t mind happy holidays but happy christmas just makes me so annoyed
Fair that makes sense 🎄
Who says ‘Happy Christmas’??? 😮
(edited 4 months ago)
“Where’s the wine?” is a something I say a lot on Christmas. “Off with the ghastly music” is another.

In all seriousness, I generally will say “Merry Christmas” to others as it does sound marginally better than “Happy Christmas”.

Quick Reply

Latest