The Student Room Group

Royal Palace releases manipulated image

To celebrate Mother's Day a photo of Kate Middleton and her happy children was released. The BBC stated "This photo will go some way to quell some of the more extreme theories around the princess's absence from the public stage."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68526972

News agencies are now removing the photo as it appears to have been heavily manipulated.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/kate-uks-princess-wales-issues-first-message-undergoing-surgery-rcna142641

Anyone got any extreme theories?
No theories but it's obvs been (badly) manipulated. Look at Princess Charlotte's left hand where it doesn't align, plus random skirt fabric in background there. Also on right hand, skirt edge doesn't align. wtf??
(edited 1 month ago)
She's been pretty much frog marched out to claim she did it herself which still sounds a bit off, she's no stranger to the etiquette and knows this wasn't a simple snap for facebook etc and was going to a media team.

I wonder if she is just trolling people a bit though, including her husband which she has history of.
I watch a show on gb news called headliners. 3 has been comedians going through news stories. One of thr guests. Lewis Schaffer. Likes to regularly say this is not news. Basically that.

This is not news
Reply 4
Original post by StriderHort
She's been pretty much frog marched out to claim she did it herself which still sounds a bit off, she's no stranger to the etiquette and knows this wasn't a simple snap for facebook etc and was going to a media team.
I wonder if she is just trolling people a bit though, including her husband which she has history of.

It’s a bit bizarre that she’s claiming accountability as if we are to not believe they’ve got an entire PR team that carefully stage manages what is released to the general public.
Reply 5
Original post by Andrew97
I watch a show on gb news called headliners. 3 has been comedians going through news stories. One of thr guests. Lewis Schaffer. Likes to regularly say this is not news. Basically that.
This is not news

It is certainly not serious news but it is amusing.
Reply 6
Original post by Gazpacho.
It is certainly not serious news but it is amusing.
You can always rely on Hislop
https://twitter.com/haveigotnews/status/1767155789284667556
Reply 7
Give it a rest. We should be respecting her privacy.
Original post by Barbu
Give it a rest. We should be respecting her privacy.

Celebrity and public profile works both ways, there's not much getting away from it.
Reply 9
I think the whole thing is hilarious.

I am especially ticked at the Torygraph columnists - who spent years telling us that being part of Royalty meant that one M Marle was to be afforded no privacy - now roundly declaring that K Middleton should have all privacy respected. Quite the turnaround.
Reply 10
Original post by gjd800
I think the whole thing is hilarious.
I am especially ticked at the Torygraph columnists - who spent years telling us that being part of Royalty meant that one M Marle was to be afforded no privacy - now roundly declaring that K Middleton should have all privacy respected. Quite the turnaround.

Markle claims to want privacy, yet does everything to the contrary.

Middleton just wants privacy following important surgery. This has been a huge nothing burger.

Big difference.
Reply 11
Original post by Barbu
Markle claims to want privacy, yet does everything to the contrary.
Middleton just wants privacy following important surgery. This has been a huge nothing burger.
Big difference.

If you say so.

There is a marked difference in the approaches of the press, these people are hypocrites. They did not have to humour anybody, yet they pushed it anyway. Funny.

Incidentally, the Spanish press are reporting that the surgery was not routine, was emergency, and that KM was in a coma and intubated. Posters can make of that what they will.
I mean the real story here is how the richest family in Britain apparently can't afford a better photoshop job on the photo. I mean this is about the standard I achieved during DiDA in year 10.
That was a lousy image edit.
Whoever did it needs some urgent basic corel and photoshop training.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending