The Student Room Group

Free science lessons

Hi im currently preparing for my gcse science paper 1 exams. I use free science lessons to revise. However it takes me 6 hours to write notes on 10 videos in depth. Im currently 2 weeks away from my exams and i cant revise from revision guides properly. Any suggestions as too what i could do or get premade notes that cover the whole topic in depth as i have looked and its only bits and peices. Thank you.
Visit my website: Revisepro.org. I've put a ton of in-depth resources , including notes and questions for maths and science.
Honestly, making notes now is a waste of time, you should start to actually memorise your notes, understand them and test your knowledge by doing exam questions!
I just re-watched each video a couple times depending on how hard a topic was,writing notes from the videos is a waste of time.I just made an A3 sized poster for each science paper I had on everything I needed to know according to the specification concisely using shorthand-so I had 9 posters in total.Also used past papers when writing a section on the poster on a certain topic to write the wording they used to answer certain questions on that topic.Then I got someone to test me on each poster until I could pretty much say everything that I have written down.I also did past papers after.Got an A* for biology,chemistry and physics for my GCSEs.
Don't bother writing out notes, keep re-watching the videos (I used to watch freesciencelessons too! I put the videos on 1.5x or 2x speed closer to exams so I could revise quicker lol) and do practice questions. :smile:
Reply 5
Writing notes helps me as i can just quickly pull them out and revise them. By just constantly memorising then closing my eyes and reading it out.
The videos arent even revision at this point as everything im learning is new to me or i have forgotten.
Original post by willow239
Don't bother writing out notes, keep re-watching the videos (I used to watch freesciencelessons too! I put the videos on 1.5x or 2x speed closer to exams so I could revise quicker lol) and do practice questions. :smile:
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending