The Student Room Group

OCR B MEI Modelling with Algorithms

Poll

Marks you think you got

How did you find it?
Reply 1
Found it harder than I thought it would be. I couldn’t answer quite a few questions. Think it was harder than last years paper
Original post by Klara_b155
How did you find it?
Reply 2
Did anyone actually manage to find a cut of 97? Or was 97 not even the correct answer for the maximum flow. Ffs
I think I got 97 as the maxmimum flow? But I could not find a minimum cut of that yikes
Yh I agree, hopefully grade boundaries don't go up
Original post by Zaythe
Found it harder than I thought it would be. I couldn’t answer quite a few questions. Think it was harder than last years paper
Reply 5
I think I got 97 as the maxmimum flow? But I could not find a minimum cut of that yikes

It didn’t exist I swear :/ made me question whether 97 was even correct
I think it must have been 97 as when you added up the values that were in the objective function it gave that answer. There must have been one of those really weird long cuts for that answer - only one mark though. What did you get for the very last question?
Original post by MrRhino
It didn’t exist I swear :/ made me question whether 97 was even correct
Reply 7
I think it must have been 97 as when you added up the values that were in the objective function it gave that answer. There must have been one of those really weird long cuts for that answer - only one mark though. What did you get for the very last question?

F**ked the last question, what x and y did you get?
Ugh so do I - I got P = 63 as I made z zero; apparently though that was probably the wrong way to go about it :/ lost eight marks oof.
what did you do/ what did people yk get?
How did you find it?

Lots of people from my school said it was hard, so the grade boundaries will have to be very low. I have to take it tomorrow as an internal exam, what important topics are there?
Reply 11
what did you do/ what did people yk get?

I subbed in z = x - 10 (or whatever it was meant to be) and must’ve f**ked up somewhere with rearranging coz got y intercepts of 44 (can’t remember the other one) I’ve heard a few people I know saying 63 tho. I can’t even remember what I got aha.
I heard some people did what you did too - honestly I just get a few pity marks
Yeah I did the substitution too. I think it was z=2x-10? I dunno. Can't remember my value for P tho. I think I got x=8, y=0, z=6 or something along those lines. I only managed to find the cut of 97 literally in the last 30 seconds of the exam, I got so panicked trying to write it down.
Original post by MrRhino
I subbed in z = x - 10 (or whatever it was meant to be) and must’ve f**ked up somewhere with rearranging coz got y intercepts of 44 (can’t remember the other one) I’ve heard a few people I know saying 63 tho. I can’t even remember what I got aha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending