The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes I just don’t think I’m explaining it good
Original post by LegitDragoNinja
Do u even know how to complete the square?
Also negative numbers in square roots do exist - they're called imaginary numbers - but that's A-level further maths or so I'm told.
Original post by rheaishere
it said -'estimate' and the nearest square numbers were 64 and 100 so thats 8 x 10 which is 80? thats what i got?

Yep that's also what I got.
Reply 362
did it specially say to write it as a fraction
cause i wrote it as a percentage -_-

Original post by Gcse12345678
For the volume of the speres (the 50% one) did you guys get 4 over 9?
What about the data handling question - where you had to say whether the student was correct or wrong.
I got correct for the first one and incorrect for the second one, but I don't remember my reasons.

Second one I said because range for coach b is bigger than range of coach A so student is wrong
Yes I'm pretty sure it did.
Original post by shyxm
did it specially say to write it as a fraction
cause i wrote it as a percentage -_-
Reply 365
how badly tho
Original post by Renumi
im crying i did so badly
i done some working out but no final answer, sphere c was 225% and a or b was 100 or 150 % so i divded it bu no simplfy
Original post by KotrynaB
I got that too!! but idk if it's right
Reply 367
Original post by Rizen
how badly tho

pretty badly, especially seeing how everyone here has done so well
for the part b of the combination one I did 5*4*3 to get 60
i dont think so because the negative number function inside a bracket means moving right not left so its a positive co-ordinate...?
like if you have (x-3) the graph would move three to the right not left. and with y when its outside the brackets for negative you move downwards so the co-ordinate negative and for a positive value you move upwards so the co-ordinate stays positive. like if its (x-3)-8 it moves down 8 so its -8 co-ordinate... if any of that makes sense without a graph...
Original post by Yusuf100
isnt it -3??
Original post by Anusha1
Yes I just don’t think I’m explaining it good

This is how u complete the square:
x2 + bx +c = (x + (b/2))2 - (b/2)2 + c
Reply 371
same, I made so many silly mistakes and probably only got about 45/80, wbu?
Original post by Renumi
pretty badly, especially seeing how everyone here has done so well
its aa proof question so all i did was place in numbers for n and showed they come out off
Original post by StanEllison
n^2 - n = n(n-1) so if n is even its an even multiplied by an odd and if its odd its odd *even which are both always even
Original post by rheaishere
i dont think so because the negative number function inside a bracket means moving right not left so its a positive co-ordinate...?
like if you have (x-3) the graph would move three to the right not left. and with y when its outside the brackets for negative you move downwards so the co-ordinate negative and for a positive value you move upwards so the co-ordinate stays positive. like if its (x-3)-8 it moves down 8 so its -8 co-ordinate... if any of that makes sense without a graph...

YES FINALLY SOMEONE WHO PUT NEGATIVE 8!! I also put negative 3 though
Reply 374
9/4 was the answer but i kept it as a percentage, which is 225%.

Original post by Yusuf100
i done some working out but no final answer, sphere c was 225% and a or b was 100 or 150 % so i divded it bu no simplfy
Maybe we do it a different method. On YouTube when I would revise for it I have seen it been done by different methods
This is how u complete the square:
x2 + bx +c = (x + (b/2))2 - (b/2)2 + c
what did everyone get for the quadratic and ratio of 1:2?
45/80 is so good! That would probs be like a 7
Original post by Rizen
same, made so many silly mistakes and probably only got about 45/80, wbu?
Anyone get the graph with the quadratic equations?
Reply 379
I probably got around 25-30? But then again I've never been confident in maths so who knows
Original post by Rizen
same, I made so many silly mistakes and probably only got about 45/80, wbu?

Latest

Trending

Trending