The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I probably got a U
Reply 2
The Tides question confused me a lot. I knew I have done part of it wrong. I found the paper quite tricky overall.
(edited 4 years ago)
the paper was alright to begin with, the questions towards the end were difficult though
Same but realised it's an area therefore you just had to modulus it (I think)
Original post by Goobie
The Tides question confused me a lot. Also managed to get -e^-pi instead of e^-pi for the proof. I couldn’t find where I went wrong 😢. I found the paper quite tricky overall.
Reply 5
Of course yeah must be positive ffs
Original post by bluebear25618
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Do you think grade boundaries will be low like last year?
Original post by bluebear25618
Yeah I dont think they'll change much tbh. Maybe go up slightly as it's not the first year? But I'm hoping they stay low cos this is a high stakes exam for me!
Original post by Goobie
Do you think grade boundaries will be low like last year?
The first bit was alright: I got 4log something for the first multi choice (I circled the last option) then dy/dx of e^kx was obviously ke^kx and the last of the multi choice I got 6.4 or something. Towards the middle of the paper my head was blitz - integration was just impossible in that paper and I’m sick of seeing e^x or any exponential- absolute piece of **** - I attempted the first part of q16 my efforts was useless -I tried to solve e^-3xSinx=0 by putting e^-3x cannot be zero (tbf I don’t know if that even right) so I tried to do sinx =0 and x was zero - but I ran out of time - thinking about it now I bet I had to use a cast diagram to work out the other values of x but knowing me I would have got that wrong regardless 😪 My life is literally on its arse - hope I’m not the only one.
Original post by unagdi
Awful paper what did you guys think

terrible paper. first half was ok then became hard af. wording of questions made no sense, especially the tidal bs. also the integration was a pain in the arse. im pretty sure i got under 40 marks, guessing 35. usually that would be an E but the grade boundaries best be low. AQA can stick this paper where the sun don't shine.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 10
Trust me you are not the only one that found that paper hard. Hopefully the grade boundaries will be low like last year... Just focus on the next paper. Don’t worry about how well you think you might have done. You could have done really well!
Reply 11
my teacher made a mark scheme for the exam you guys want it?
Reply 12
I counted what I think I got and based off last years grade boundaries I got a D just. So imma need two A's in the next 2 to go to uni
yes i would love to, if possible do you have the question aswell as the marscheme?
Original post by W.A.Y
Reply 14
Yes please!
Original post by W.A.Y
Original post by W.A.Y

yes please !
yes bro. and also what would a D and 2As in the next two papers give u overall
Original post by W.A.Y
I counted what I think I got and based off last years grade boundaries I got a D just. So imma need two A's in the next 2 to go to uni
Original post by W.A.Y

yes pleaseeeee, been worrying about it since wednesday
Yes please !!!!
Original post by W.A.Y
Reply 19
Yes please!!!
Original post by W.A.Y

Latest