The Student Room Group

Edexcel Further Statistics 1 - UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME [18 June 2019]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JayrZ
nah mate this is wrong I promise, I did the same as you but you had to use PGFs and **** after

you think we'd get any marks for this bro?? i gurantee at least 50% of people did the same thing
Reply 41
yeah ffs
Original post by UrBusted
must just be a working out error bro, on my calculator doing lamda = 6.3, lower = 3 and upper = 13, the answer is 0.94466821
Reply 42
I hope so thanks

definitely at least 1, since 1-power = type 2 so you were 1 step away
Reply 43
Original post by JayrZ
nah mate this is wrong I promise, I did the same as you but you had to use PGFs and **** after

I'm pretty sure I'm right, this also also makes sense time wise and working out wise for 4 marks.
Could you explain whats wrong with the logic of my method or what the actual correct method is?
Reply 44
yeah most likely 2/5, maybeeee 3/5 but I wouldn't count on it
you think we'd get any marks for this bro?? i gurantee at least 50% of people did the same thing
Original post by JayrZ
yh I did that I did p(x less or = to 13) - p(x less or = to 3) but I got the wrong answer I'm baffed

Think u needed -p(x less or =2)
I looked at it for long time and think that between x and 13 is less than 13 minus all time ur below 3 i.e 0,1,2
Reply 46
Original post by JayrZ

Mate, that was how you do it. It make the most sense
Reply 47
yeah your right
Original post by Canary84
Think u needed -p(x less or =2)
I looked at it for long time and think that between x and 13 is less than 13 minus all time ur below 3 i.e 0,1,2
Reply 48
Original post by JayrZ

Think about it logically, one step at a time. Forget about e^X and X^2 for a moment, just think about the number of spins it takes to get the colour, if I choose red and it took 3 spins, my score would be e^3. I choose blue and it took 4 spins the score would be 4^2. Thats how their game works.
You need to work out what X (number of spins till you get the colour), is most likely. Thats where you use E(X) to work out the expected number of spins so, so on average it takes 'this' amount of spins to get that colour. And then just work out the score.
I'm 100% positive I'm right.
Reply 49
I did the same as you but I'm not too sure it is right. The question was 5 marks and this method is definitely not worth 5 marks

Original post by asdasd2
Think about it logically, one step at a time. Forget about e^X and X^2 for a moment, just think about the number of spins it takes to get the colour, if I choose red and it took 3 spins, my score would be e^3. I choose blue and it took 4 spins the score would be 4^2. Thats how their game works.
You need to work out what X (number of spins till you get the colour), is most likely. Thats where you use E(X) to work out the expected number of spins so, so on average it takes 'this' amount of spins to get that colour. And then just work out the score.
I'm 100% positive I'm right.
I even did the same thing for the critical region :frown:
Original post by freebirdk
Should get some of the marks but not all... I know a few people did that
Reply 51
q2 how did one do that?
Reply 52
For the chi squared one at q4 how did u guys get 3 and 4 degrees of freedom? I got 5 and 4, what was the second constraint?
Reply 53
Original post by darie211
For the chi squared one at q4 how did u guys get 3 and 4 degrees of freedom? I got 5 and 4, what was the second constraint?

I got 5 and 4 as well for DOF, but I'm not really sure if its right
Original post by tbt27
anyone think i would get a pity mark for finding power, not type 2 error or just straight 0/3

I'm thinking a pity two marks, it's only 1-answer so we got most the working right...
Reply 55
I just don t get where the second constraint is in any of them
Original post by asdasd2
I got 5 and 4 as well for DOF, but I'm not really sure if its right

There was some grouped frequencies and I removed an extra from each because the probabilities were estimates. So first was 5-2 and second was 6-2 I think
Reply 57
Thanks. I hope so as everyone else seems to have done really well on this test so the grade boundaries are going to be v high.
Original post by Lemur14
I'm thinking a pity two marks, it's only 1-answer so we got most the working right...
Reply 58
the mean/ probability was estimated in both of them
Reply 59
6 columns to begin with
Combining columns 5 and 6 so that E>5 makes 5 columns.
-1 because the total is constrained to 80 makes 4 DOF.
-1 because p has been estimated from the data makes 3 DOF.

In the poisson one, it's 4 DOF because you don't need to combine columns 5 and 6.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending