The Student Room Group

Is picking geography,history and RE too much of a workload for gcses

Just wondering since these are very content heavy subjects.
Reply 1
Original post by BlitzBlader
Just wondering since these are very content heavy subjects.

Undeniably these are very content heavy subjects but so long you enjoy these subjects and can manage your time between the subjects, it'll work out. :smile:
Reply 2
Thanks,i was just worried that it would lead to bad grades.
I took history and rs and that was absolutely fine, and a few of my friends took all three, and they said it was fine! As long as you like the subjects, you'll do well.
Reply 4
thx
I took both History and RS and loved it, particularly cause I love essays! The only thing I would advise is thinking about the future - taking a lot of humanities means a LOT of extra exams at the end (from History, RS, Geo in my school it would be 8 exams total whereas for something like Art or Drama, of course, it's less stress at the very end). But it's important to enjoy the subjects throughout the two years so if it is something you are enthusiastic about, definitely take them (a lot of people that I know took two and in some cases people did take three which they enjoyed but it was quite a big workload).
I wouldn't say so (esp if you are good at essay / humanities subjects)

My brother takes 4 quite 'hard' subjects (french, history, triple science and RE) and he's fine with them.

Quick Reply

Latest