The Student Room Group

Make a film more green!

You know the drill! :ahee:

Take a film, change the wording of the title slightly to make it more to do with the environment, or connected to nature! :smile:

Some (bad) examples...

- The Bourne Ecology

- Star Wars: The Recycling of the Jedi :starwars:

- Sustainable Millionaire

- Greenfinger :007:

- One Flew over the Ecosystem

That's the best I could come up with in 5 mins. :redface:
Hopefully you can do better. :colondollar:

Post away folks. :yeah:

This thread is part of TSR Goes Green! A project all about nature and the environment. You can get involved in other threads about it by clicking here.
(edited 4 years ago)
Films that are already Green:

The Green Mile
Forest Gump

:yy:
@04MR17 Harry Potter & The Deathly Herbs. :mmm:
Original post by Certifying
@04MR17 Harry Potter & The Deathly Herbs. :mmm:
:giggle: This I like. :congrats:
The Greener Mile.
We might as well get the Harry Pothead ones out of the way...
Harry Pothead and the Stoned Philosopher...
Original post by 04MR17
:giggle: This I like. :congrats:

Why thank you. :hat2:

Here's a few more:

Tree Story

Tree Story 2

Tree Story 3

Tree Story 4
The lime, the witch and the wardrobe
The following should find favour with the green brigade:

The Good, the Bad and the Ugli - a documentary following one day in the life of a local authority environmental health inspector.

The Longest Date - in which a young man plans to impress his crush by winning the local allotment society's exotic fruit growing competition.

Reservoir Digs - A local community gets together to save archaeological artefacts in advance of the flooding of their area by the reservoir behind a new dam, built to generate hydro-electric power.

Twelve 'Ungry Men - in which a northern jury deliberates on a murder case verdict while the city is in the grip of a municipal catering staff strike over the implementation of vegetarian menus.

Pulp Faction - the tale of an attempt by corrupt politicians to gain control of the profits from composting food waste in their city.
Marley and tree
I wonder if @the beaɾ could offer some suggestions. :teehee:
We also have:

The Green Lagoon - In which two children are cast away on a tropical island that is polluted by copper ores leaching into the watercourse with dire consequences

How Much Greener Was My Valley - A nostalgic film in which an environmentalist looks back on his Welsh origins from the perspective of his comfortable modern life.

Green Man's Burden - A dystopian adventure in which the alien life form responsible for populating Earth reviews how successful its project was.

Dirty Harry - A mysterious serial killer prowls San Francisco and blackmails the city with threats of murderous intent but is foiled when Harry Callaghan cleans up the streets with a giant vacuum cleaner.

Death Wash - More thrills when a morally bankrupt environmentalist activist group called BETA blackmails the city with shower gel laced with strong acid planted on supermarket shelves in an attempt to get people to stop using plastic bottles and microbeads.
Original post by Good bloke
We also have:

The Green Lagoon - In which two children are cast away on a tropical island that is polluted by copper ores leaching into the watercourse with dire consequences

How Much Greener Was My Valley - A nostalgic film in which an environmentalist looks back on his Welsh origins from the perspective of his comfortable modern life.

Green Man's Burden - A dystopian adventure in which the alien life form responsible for populating Earth reviews how successful its project was.

Dirty Harry - A mysterious serial killer prowls San Francisco and blackmails the city with threats of murderous intent but is foiled when Harry Callaghan cleans up the streets with a giant vacuum cleaner.

Death Wash - More thrills when a morally bankrupt environmentalist activist group called BETA blackmails the city with shower gel laced with strong acid planted on supermarket shelves in an attempt to get people to stop using plastic bottles and microbeads.
:rofl: I think the last one is the best. :mmm:
Green Dawn
The Bourne Sustainability [sequel to the Bourne Ecology]
Greta Expectations
Tree Billboards Outside of Ebbing, Missouri
Original post by Alesha1991

Greta Expectations
:laugh: This one really had me :colondollar:
Newly-announced in time for Oscar consideration are:

Swinging in the Rain - Climate change has happened and it never stops raining, but for the polyamorous, the lifestyle doesn't stop.

The Red Sloes - The real problems of climate change are vividly brought to life when blackthorn bushes begin to produce red fruit, with dire consequences for our hero in the world of gin distilling

Apocalypse Cow - Vegans are at first delighted when bovine creatures make a move to take over the world, but soon change their minds when the cows start to blame all humans for the misdeeds of their ancestors and impose mass executions as a form of revenge

Don't Cook Now - A building conservator working in Venice is unhinged by the tragic death of his daughter and starts to preach an extreme energy conservation regime that forbids the use of electricity and fossil fuels for cooking purposes.

Paws - Climate change and genetic engineering have together bred new species of marauding animals that hunt down humans for fun and food

The Stink - A group of gamblers have formulated a strategy for betting on natural events and eco-disasters, and the bookies don't like it when poison gas is involved

Lone, with the Wind - This film deals with the problems caused, including a social acceptability crisis, when its protagonist adopts a diet based solely on pulses
(edited 4 years ago)
Black Pantherlily
The Princess and the Flower
One Hundred and One three leaf clovers
Robin Mud
Reply 17
The shrubbing crashers

Quick Reply

Latest