The Student Room Group

Accidentally ran a red light

I accidentally ran a red light what will happen ?
Reply 1
Nothing, unless the lights had a camera on them and they took a photo which i doubt so stop worrying.
But learn from this and slow down,,,,,,
Reply 2
Thankyou. It had a grey camera on top of the traffic light so I’m hoping its not a traffic light camera.(Original post by LsDad)Nothing, unless the lights had a camera on them and they took a photo which i doubt so stop worrying.

Original post by LsDad
Nothing, unless the lights had a camera on them and they took a photo which i doubt so stop worrying.
Reply 3
No that grey camera is not designed to pick up motorists crossing red lights. They are video detection cameras. It used to be that you would have to drive over a pressure sensor, signal loop, in the roadway in order to activate the signal to turn green. These are going by the wayside. Sometimes if you roll up to a Red traffic light late at night and its not changing and you flash your lights at it these detection cameras will support changing the signal loop over to green.

Also, most of the old GATSU units (Gov approved traffic surveillance units) that flash when taking a photo of speeding vehicles that you see in loads of locations, big grey boxes painted yellow, don't work either as they are too expensive for police to keep collecting film from, they are all going digital now and being replaced so they can collect the data remotely.

You have nothing to worry about as i say BUT let this be a lesson to you to slow down.
Reply 4
Thankyou for your help. These are what they look like

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending