what is this?
Daredevil
Reply 4
<-----------
Reply 5
Agents of SHIELD. Watch it.
Original post by math42
<-----------

Mate is Bojack Horseman any good? Like what's it about? Genre?
Reply 7
Original post by JoshDarnIt
Mate is Bojack Horseman any good? Like what's it about? Genre?

I don't think its appeal is universal, but it's a critical darling and I personally love it. It's marketed as a comedy but it's usually more witty than it is laugh-out-loud; really its strengths lie in the dramatic moments. A good succinct way I like to describe it is The Simpsons meets Mad Men. As for plot, the titular character is a former star of a low-brow sitcom reminiscent of Full House. He's a cynical, depressed, alcoholic *******, and we start off with him trying to regain relevancy by writing his memoirs. Unlike most animated shows there is a long-running narrative with extremely tight continuity, so, in contrast to the many similar sitcom *******s, BoJack suffers many dark consequences for his behaviour. Like a lot of anti-heroes he remains easy to root for despite being pretty contemptible, and ultimately the show is about him trying and often failing to find happiness and become a better person.

I would say that the show doesn't really start gathering momentum until about halfway through the first season. I wouldn't consider it a slog at the early stage but I know some people do. But by episode 8 it becomes clear what it's going for.
House MD
Original post by math42
I don't think its appeal is universal, but it's a critical darling and I personally love it. It's marketed as a comedy but it's usually more witty than it is laugh-out-loud; really its strengths lie in the dramatic moments. A good succinct way I like to describe it is The Simpsons meets Mad Men. As for plot, the titular character is a former star of a low-brow sitcom reminiscent of Full House. He's a cynical, depressed, alcoholic *******, and we start off with him trying to regain relevancy by writing his memoirs. Unlike most animated shows there is a long-running narrative with extremely tight continuity, so, in contrast to the many similar sitcom *******s, BoJack suffers many dark consequences for his behaviour. Like a lot of anti-heroes he remains easy to root for despite being pretty contemptible, and ultimately the show is about him trying and often failing to find happiness and become a better person.

I would say that the show doesn't really start gathering momentum until about halfway through the first season. I wouldn't consider it a slog at the early stage but I know some people do. But by episode 8 it becomes clear what it's going for.

Didn't expect the paragraph lol. Appreciate it tho! Maybe's it's something I'll check out then. Cheers! :cute:
Horrid henry
Depends time to time.
Game of thrones if they made a great ending (i liked it anyway but it was less than expectation)
Daredevil if I could see the end

Breaking Bad,Sherlock could be one.

Reading others replies,mate i gotta start watching some sitcoms
(edited 4 years ago)
university challenge
Original post by math42
<-----------

Bojack Horseman is one of my favorite TV shows at the moment too. I appreciate that this cartoon series approaches depression in a blunt way as it is.
I have several.
But i think george and mildred would have to be my complete favourite.
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES !! BRITISH CLASSIC :smile:

And

MIND YOUR LANGUAGE !! its an old British comedy tv series that jokes about the British language . It sounds boring but that because I'm not promoting it right 😂.PLEASE WHOEVER SEES THIS DEFINITELY CHECK THIS OUT. ITS A HIGHLY UNDERRATED GOLD
Reply 16
A league of their own/8 out of 10 cats
Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia
catchphrase
The Sopranos.

Quick Reply

Latest