The Student Room Group

GCSE

I'm having year 9 optional gsce one year subjects. I want to become a doctor but I don't know what to choose. The options are:
Option 1- Food, music, product design or textiles
Option 2- Dance, food, IT, product or design.
I have to choose two subjects from either of the options but they hay to be from option one or two.
I hate all of them but I have to choose two of them.
Which ones do you think I should choose?

Btw, do they count them in gcse? Do they matter if you want to become a docter?

Thank you.
Mate if you can’t spell doctor med schools gonna be hard for you
Original post by Psychopath 666
I'm having year 9 optional gsce one year subjects. I want to become a doctor but I don't know what to choose. The options are:
Option 1- Food, music, product design or textiles
Option 2- Dance, food, IT, product or design.
I have to choose two subjects from either of the options but they hay to be from option one or two.
I hate all of them but I have to choose two of them.
Which ones do you think I should choose?

Btw, do they count them in gcse? Do they matter if you want to become a docter?

Thank you.

So, you have to choose 2 courses both of which must be either from Option 1 or Option 2?

Any of those courses would be fine alongside your compulsory GCSEs, and no the actual choice you make won't matter a great deal for Medicine or other STEM careers.

You say you will be taking them to GCSE within a year? If so, they would be counted among your GCSE results when you eventually apply to university.
I would pick Food just because that’ll help you out later in life when you have to make meals for yourself
Original post by Gurdeepthelegend
Mate if you can’t spell doctor med schools gonna be hard for you

I was in a rush.
Original post by riekeleah
I would pick Food just because that’ll help you out later in life when you have to make meals for yourself

So if I choose food, what will I make???????
Example: you will make scones
Original post by Psychopath 666
So if I choose food, what will I make???????
Example: you will make scones

Depends on your exam board, but the people I know who did it ended up making proper meals, pasta, chicken, fish cakes, rice, etc. as well as some desserts. It also teaches you about proper nutrition which is just generally helpful

Quick Reply

Latest