The Student Room Group

gcse certificates

i have 9 gcses. 5 of which i passed. i don’t have certificates from the actual exam board but a certificate with my grades on it that my high school gave me 3 years ago? do i need actual certificates of the gcses that i’ve fsiled?
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IH8Studying
i have 9 gcses. 5 of which i passed. i don’t have certificates from the actual exam board but a certificate with my grades on it that my high school gave me 3 years ago? do i need actual certificates of the gcses that i’ve fsiled?

Yes, you’ll need certificates of every subject that you for a grade in. Do you know what exam board these subjects were? So you can refer back to the exam board 👍🏻
Original post by Hazzabear
Yes, you’ll need certificates of every subject that you for a grade in. Do you know what exam board these subjects were? So you can refer back to the exam board 👍🏻

Why do you need the certificate’s?
Original post by daveymcloughlin
Why do you need the certificate’s?

To prove what grades you got, it may have changed but I’m sure you do need all your certificates?

AQA, OCR. that’s like £400 worth of certificates :frown: paying for something i failed in sigh. so do i have to contact Them? how do i do that
AQA, OCR. that’s like £400 worth of certificates :frown: paying for something i failed in sigh. so do i have to contact Them? how do i do that

Have you had a look on AQA’s website to see whether or not it’s mandatory to have certificates in subjects you didn’t pass? It might be worth to do this before spending all that money.
Have you had a look on AQA’s website to see whether or not it’s mandatory to have certificates in subjects you didn’t pass? It might be worth to do this before spending all that money.

it doesn’t say that it does. nor does ocr
it doesn’t say that it does. nor does ocr

You could contact them perhaps?
You could contact them perhaps?

Oh god:frown: thank you
Oh god:frown: thank you

It’s alright, definitely worth to contact them before you spend a lot of money on something that might not be needed.

Do you just have the one certificate?
It’s alright, definitely worth to contact them before you spend a lot of money on something that might not be needed.

Do you just have the one certificate?

i have actual certificates from the exam board of 2 gcses. but the rest are just provisional certificate as it says from the school with most of my grades on it.
i have actual certificates from the exam board of 2 gcses. but the rest are just provisional certificate as it says from the school with most of my grades on it.

Is there a reason why the school didn't give you the other certifcates?
Is there a reason why the school didn't give you the other certifcates?

No idea. I guess it’s expensive for them?
Reply 13

Are you sure the school doesn't have your certificates? Because the exam board gives the certificates on the MONEY the school pays to sign you up for the exam...

They should have given you all the certificates, you usually have to pay for them if you loose them but not if you've never received them. Did anybody else not receive them?
Original post by Amrak
Are you sure the school doesn't have your certificates? Because the exam board gives the certificates on the MONEY the school pays to sign you up for the exam...

They should have given you all the certificates, you usually have to pay for them if you loose them but not if you've never received them. Did anybody else not receive them?

I don’t know. i never asked for it. i didn’t need it getting in college. and i doubt they have it now since i left summer of 2016
I don’t know. i never asked for it. i didn’t need it getting in college. and i doubt they have it now since i left summer of 2016

Contacting either your exams officer or exam board will give you more answers on this, good luck!
Contacting either your exams officer or exam board will give you more answers on this, good luck!

dunno who my exam officer is. i’ll contact the exam board. i guess it will be worth it when i get to uni. Thanks dear! :smile:
dunno who my exam officer is. i’ll contact the exam board. i guess it will be worth it when i get to uni. Thanks dear! :smile:

Your exams officer is the one that dealt with your GCSE examinations. No problem :smile:

You can always check your school my sister left in 2016 too and they still had certificates for students from years ago still kept when I went to get them for her. However this was her a level certificate but it doesn’t hurt to try and contact the school if they still had them
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest