The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Maths NOVEMBER 2019 RESITS CHAT 😊

Sooo.. Paper 2 tomorrow, what’s everyone’s thoughts and predictions? I think vectors could possibly come and a lot on graphs (ie: distance time graphs/ velocity time graphs) post what you think ⬇️

Scroll to see replies

Yes! Graphs and vectors are the best! I think they will come in a lot too but I'm biased as they're my favourite bits.
How did you find the exam?
The first paper was way better imo....I need to crush paper 3
Paper 2 was hard honestly not sure how I did. Does anyone remember any of their answers?

Edexcel higher
Original post by hannah.abcdefg
Sooo.. Paper 2 tomorrow, what’s everyone’s thoughts and predictions? I think vectors could possibly come and a lot on graphs (ie: distance time graphs/ velocity time graphs) post what you think ⬇️

Hey was the exam well for you? And how are you preparing for paper 3? I've noticed there are considerably far more people retaking edexcel then aqa. Either way good luck for paper 3!
Original post by Luckylife
Hey was the exam well for you? And how are you preparing for paper 3? I've noticed there are considerably far more people retaking edexcel then aqa. Either way good luck for paper 3!

That’s because more people tend to take Edexcel than AQA, I’m sure the percentages relative to the cohort sizes are similar.

I’m not retaking anything but good luck to everyone is :smile: even if the papers so far haven’t been your best, you could still have done well! Just put them to the back of your mind and focus on doing as well as possible!!
Original post by jduxie4414
That’s because more people tend to take Edexcel than AQA, I’m sure the percentages relative to the cohort sizes are similar.

I’m not retaking anything but good luck to everyone is :smile: even if the papers so far haven’t been your best, you could still have done well! Just put them to the back of your mind and focus on doing as well as possible!!

Thanks for the reply, I intend to smash paper 3 as paper 2 wasn't the best. However I have hope for a 7 as the first was excellent
Original post by falasow
How did you find the exam?

Paper 1 was okay, I just didnt Finish it of but paper 2 was miles better. I do aqa higher bdw
Thanks for the reply, I intend to smash paper 3 as paper 2 wasn't the best. However I have hope for a 7 as the first was excellent

That’s nice to hear. I got a 9 in June so if you or anyone need any help on anything just give me a shout!

Omds yhh there’s is, i do aqa higher what about you?
I use Corbett maths quite abit coz I think his videos explain content very well. My aim is to get an 8 coz that was my target last year and I was one mark off a 7. So it’s a bit dumb if i don’t do well after already passing 🤷🏽*♀️. I just hope Paper 3 is also good. Good luck to you tooo
That’s nice to hear. I got a 9 in June so if you or anyone need any help on anything just give me a shout!

Woahhh well done, I wish I put my head down in June 😂

Yeah well that’s because you didn’t get measles did you?
Woahhh well done, I wish I put my head down in June 😂

Oh I didn’t put much effort in so I was really surprised with my GCSE results overall 😂 just because I’ve never had to work to hard as I’m naturally smart A-Levels have been a bit of a culture shock
Oh I didn’t put much effort in so I was really surprised with my GCSE results overall 😂 just because I’ve never had to work to hard as I’m naturally smart A-Levels have been a bit of a culture shock

Ok stop boasting please
Original post by Greywolftwo
Ok stop boasting please

I’m really not trying to but okay
Paper 1 was okay, I just didnt Finish it of but paper 2 was miles better. I do aqa higher bdw

yh same i do aqa higher aswell. i just dint get time to finish paper twooo
Original post by rayqueen
yh same i do aqa higher aswell. i just dint get time to finish paper twooo

It’s so announcing especially when you know you could’ve got them extra marks. Like I saw the questions in p1 that I missed out and I knew how to do them but just ran out of time 😭
Does anyone remember any answers from paper 2 I remember I got: (Aqa higher)
150000 for that 5% a year increase one
N^3 for that proof one
I got 18.75 = Q for that proportion one (5 marker close to the end)
The pressure force area one I for underestimate and I forgot my answer 😂

Bdw idk if any are right this is just what I got but if anyone remembers their answers post them
It’s so announcing especially when you know you could’ve got them extra marks. Like I saw the questions in p1 that I missed out and I knew how to do them but just ran out of time 😭

Annoying*

Quick Reply

Latest