The Student Room Group

'No Chinese allowed': Racist lunatic shop criticised for racist sign

The basis is the fearmongering over a new small virus that has infected a handful of people in China and abroad.

The owner of the confectionery store, who has not been identified, told the Asahi newspaper that he used a translation application to write the message in Chinese, adding, “I want to protect myself from the virus and I don’t want Chinese people to enter the store."

Apparently it isn't even illegal to be racist in Japan:
Shin Hae-bong, a professor of law at Aoyama Gakuen University, said the store owner was not breaking the law as there was no legislation in Japan that specifically made acts of discrimination illegal.

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/health-environment/article/3047144/no-chinese-allowed-japanese-shop-criticised

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by AngeryPenguin
The basis is the fearmongering over a new small virus that has infected a handful of people in China and abroad.

9 people - that we know of - have died, and an entire city is quarantined.

"Small"...

Did you go to the Goebbels' school of journalism?
Reply 2
We get it, you love China and you hate Japan. Enough with all the threads!
Original post by Drewski
9 people - that we know of - have died, and an entire city is quarantined.

"Small"...

Did you go to the Goebbels' school of journalism?

Many more people die of the common cold every day. And the city is not quarantined lol.

To stir up hatred of an entire billion strong race just because 9 of them die from the common cold would be very strange?
Original post by Sir Cumference
We get it, you love China and you hate Japan. Enough with all the threads!

Correction: I hate racism. Although Japan is rife with racism it doesn't necessarily mean that I hate them.
Reply 5
Many more people die of the common cold every day. And the city is not quarantined

"Chinese authorities have advised people to stop travel into and out of Wuhan, the city at the heart of the outbreak."
the Black Death would have started with 9 deaths....
Reply 7
Correction: I hate racism. Although Japan is rife with racism it doesn't necessarily mean that I hate them.

Are the Chinese not racist then?
Original post by the bear

The Black Death didn't have thermal scanners, modern medicine, and a very competent central government to fight it.

9 deaths out of 440 infections. You do the math. That is nothing of concern! 2% death rate. The Black Death had a death rate of 25-35%.
The Black Death didn't have thermal scanners, modern medicine, and a very competent central government to fight it.

It also didn't have international flights to spread it around the globe.

“Right now, it doesn’t look like this is a particularly lethal virus. It’s lethal in people who have co-morbidities, elderly people who have diabetes and chronic lung disease, and that’s very similar to what the influenza virus does,” said Heymann, who is a former executive director of the World Health Organisation’s Communicable Diseases Cluster, where he headed the global response to the Sars virus in 2002-03.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3047099/china-confirms-9-dead-coronavirus-and-440-infected
9 deaths out of 440 infections. You do the math. That is nothing of concern! 2% death rate. The Black Death had a death rate of 25-35%.

Yes, discrimination is apalling :frown: Feel sorry for groups like the Uighurs across the world persecuted for their faith and race :frown:

You say you hate discrimination - Do you categorically condemn this or does the monthly cheque from Beijing/personal loyalties help your conscience glide over this.

(edited 4 years ago)

Storm Gloria has killed 4 people. Should British shops now ban the Spanish? I do not think so.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/world-news/warning-brits-storm-gloria-spain-17610551
Storm Gloria has killed 4 people. Should British shops now ban the Spanish? I do not think so.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/world-news/warning-brits-storm-gloria-spain-17610551

Spaniards don’t carry storms on their person, spreading them

Just a suggestion if you're going to be this obvious about propoganda for China, you don't have to hold back :smile:

Let us wage war on the US and the West from their corrupt governments. March onwards comrades!!

Not that much more obvious and gets the message across
While their execution of racially discriminating against the Chinese isn’t great, I don’t blame them for wanting to not get infected and subsequently die...

I’d potentially support halting travel out of China to the UK until we have control over what’s going on. People’s lives take priority over holiday plans.
Original post by Sir Cumference
Are the Chinese not racist then?

Sounds like a bad (good) Father Ted episode
https://twitter.com/father_ted_/status/405130484243390464
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
Yes, discrimination is apalling :frown: Feel sorry for groups like the Uighurs across the world persecuted for their faith and race :frown:

You say you hate discrimination - Do you categorically condemn this or does the monthly cheque from Beijing/personal loyalties help your conscience glide over this.

This reminds me a Nazi propaganda video about their concentration camps. You could see Jews well fed, playing football, reading books....
Lies! Damned Lies! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending