The Student Room Group

a level selection

hey guys i was really struggling with which A level to take. i am going to take maths, physics and further maths but have to decide one more. i look forward to aerospace, automotive engineering or architecture. i am dicey about whether to take design and technology, computer science or chemistry.
Original post by intelligent1234
hey guys i was really struggling with which A level to take. i am going to take maths, physics and further maths but have to decide one more. i look forward to aerospace, automotive engineering or architecture. i am dicey about whether to take design and technology, computer science or chemistry.

This may seem generic, but do whatever interests you most. I find I do consistently better in the subjects I am more interested in. Any of those options will be good for the career you have In mind, so it’s really up to which one would you enjoy the best.
Original post by Omgcobbly
This may seem generic, but do whatever interests you most. I find I do consistently better in the subjects I am more interested in. Any of those options will be good for the career you have In mind, so it’s really up to which one would you enjoy the best.

i really like product design nd computing that is why it is more difficult to decide. i am really struggling to decide which one of these will be more faciitating..plss if you know someone who does these subjects plese let me know...i need urgent help.
Apparently computing at a level is boring, computer science is about programming, look at the specification for those subjects and see which interests u, computer science or chemistry does fit with ur a levels, but DT may feel like a break from the mathsy subjects tho its hard work. depends on ur strengths and weaknesses academically
I really need help......
Reply 5
Original post by intelligent1234
I really need help......

Hey! If you want to study any of the three subjects at University, having the Maths, Further Maths and Physics will definitely get you into any top-level university. If you decide you'd like to do Architecture, having the DT as well will be a huge benefit as it is a creative subject which they are looking for. It should also give you a nice breather from all the maths :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest