The Student Room Group

Why is Brampton manor students so intelligent?

Currently in yr12 and I wanted to ask how and why Brampton manor students achieve so high in ALEVELS?
do they have a different routine or are they taught differently ??
Or are they pressured?
I go to a State school and I want to have the mindset of a Brampton manor student
Reply 1
Is it a selective school?
Original post by ajj2000
Is it a selective school?

Kind of yes. but they just say it’s selective but it really isn’t
Original post by ilovechemistry69
Currently in yr12 and I wanted to ask how and why Brampton manor students achieve so high in ALEVELS?
Or are they pressured?
I go to a State school and I want to have the mindset of a Brampton manor student

Pretty sure the school force feeds students a heavy workload.
Reply 4
Or are they pressured?

Yes they work them hard, but they are also highly selective, so it is no surprise that they get great results. In their sixth form prospectus, they state that you need 7 or 8 in your chosen subject at GCSE, but they are so oversubscribed, that most of them have 9s. Even in an "average/normal" school, those students will typically get way above average A-level grades.
Reply 5
Or are they pressured?

It is a selective school and only those who achieve outstanding at GCSE go there. Once they are there, as they are already bright students, they get all the right supports and guidance to achieve their best. The teachers and leadership team in the school work really hard to make sure that the students get the supports to be ghe best. My daughter was there 2 years ago and currently in Cambridge studying Economics.
Reply 6
Original post by Sheilamar
It is a selective school and only those who achieve outstanding at GCSE go there. Once they are there, as they are already bright students, they get all the right supports and guidance to achieve their best. The teachers and leadership team in the school work really hard to make sure that the students get the supports to be ghe best. My daughter was there 2 years ago and currently in Cambridge studying Economics.

how did your daughter revise?
Reply 7
Or are they pressured?

Hey! I've been going to Brampton Manor since y7 and I'm currently in y12. We are not pressured, don't worry! I think it is more so a concept of personal mindset, and the fact that we are all constantly given motivational talks and actively pushed to achieving well.
Or are they pressured?

Not exactly pressured, but they do have a high workload for students which probably helps them in being able to recall information more easily. Furthermore, they give a lot of opportunities to experience what university level education and different career paths feel like so ig that makes us motivated???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending