The Student Room Group

RSM Graduate 2020 audit assistant

Scroll to see replies

Original post by junaizzz786
Same day for me. Within 2hrs

Thanks! What location and role were you applying to?
Original post by Zeshan121
Thanks! What location and role were you applying to?

Nottingham and tax
Those who have done the assessment centre... is it just you on your own or are you in a group? Also, what are the mini-exercises? Are they similar to the online tests you had to complete earlier on in the process?

Any help is much appreciated :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by TSR_DzTz
Hi, I’ve just been invited to an assessment centre for audit and was wondering how people prepared for the interview/pre-work task and any other advice you could give? Thanks x

Hey, how long did you wait when you completed the video interview to get results that you passed and then dates for the assessment centre? I did the video interview on the 12th Feb and noticed at the bottom of the email it says it can take up to 4-6 weeks to hear a response. I've applied for a different stream (Technology Risk) but I just wanted to see how long the process was for you :smile:

Good luck with the assessment centre too!
Hi, Congratulations on getting to the asessment centre stage. I had my asessment centre a few weeks ago. I didnt prepare for it, it was rather straight forward. Maybe just practice some strength based questions. Also make sure u know basic things about them like the number of offices etc.What was you pre work?

Thanks! did you get an offer/how long did they take to get back to you?
for my pre-work I had to write about a company thats been in the new recently
Thanks!:smile:
Original post by ell4
Hey, how long did you wait when you completed the video interview to get results that you passed and then dates for the assessment centre? I did the video interview on the 12th Feb and noticed at the bottom of the email it says it can take up to 4-6 weeks to hear a response. I've applied for a different stream (Technology Risk) but I just wanted to see how long the process was for you :smile:

For me it took them about 10 days to get back after my VI but how long might be heavily based around what office you've applied to :smile:
Thank you! hope you get a response soon x
Thanks! did you get an offer/how long did they take to get back to you?
for my pre-work I had to write about a company thats been in the new recently
Thanks!:smile:

Hi, yes i got a offer. They replied to me on the same day, however told me they would get back to me the following Wednesday and my AC was on a friday. So I wouldn't worry if you haven't recieved a reply.

Have you had your AC?
Hi, yes i got a offer. They replied to me on the same day, however told me they would get back to me the following Wednesday and my AC was on a friday. So I wouldn't worry if you haven't recieved a reply.

Have you had your AC?

congrats!
no not yet mines this Friday! so im basically all nerves haha
Did you have to do any other type of case study work? because i've read that some people have but its not clear from their email
Reply 28
Original post by ell4

Hi,

I did my VI on January the 15th and still waiting for a response. I also had the email that stated it could take 4-6 weeks to get a response. I hope we get one soon
Reply 29
Original post by SLT15
Hi,

I did my VI on January the 15th and still waiting for a response. I also had the email that stated it could take 4-6 weeks to get a response. I hope we get one soon

Hey!

Yeah me too, I haven’t had a response yet but keep checking my emails. Which role have you applied for? Hopefully we get something back soon!
Reply 30
Original post by ell4
Hey!

Yeah me too, I haven’t had a response yet but keep checking my emails. Which role have you applied for? Hopefully we get something back soon!

I applied for the Fraud Consultant role in London. I checked my portal today and it’s been modified but haven’t received anything yet. What about you?
Original post by ell4

Hi,
I applied for the technology risk role as well.
i completed by video interview in december but i still havent heard back from them.
Has anone who applied for this role( or any role aside from audit) been to an AC? Do you guys think this is similar to KPMG where they do most of their sudit recruiting first ?
Reply 32
Hi, people who have offers, how long did it take for RSM to send you a contract?
Reply 33
Original post by 18R9
Hi, people who have offers, how long did it take for RSM to send you a contract?

Got an offer in November and accepted it pretty much straight away. Still haven’t received a contract so was getting a little concerned but I emailed my HR contact last month and she reassured me that all is well and that contracts should be sent out in April.

Have you accepted? If so, which service line and location?
Original post by ROC10
Got an offer in November and accepted it pretty much straight away. Still haven’t received a contract so was getting a little concerned but I emailed my HR contact last month and she reassured me that all is well and that contracts should be sent out in April.

I'm in the same situation! I got my offer about 2 weeks ago but havent heard anything since...
Who did you email? because I've sent recruitment an email last week but didn't get any response.
also, did they give a date for when in April they'd send your contract?
Thanks x
Reply 35
I'm in the same situation! I got my offer about 2 weeks ago but havent heard anything since...
Who did you email? because I've sent recruitment an email last week but didn't get any response.
also, did they give a date for when in April they'd send your contract?
Thanks x

I wouldn't worry, two weeks isn't a long time. Have you accepted the offer?

I emailed the HR person from 'my' office the same person who ran the assessment centre (she had also contacted me previously about the offer as it was for a slightly different role from the one I applied to).

PS: just noticed this thread's title is regarding audit. I didn't apply to or get an offer for audit, but I think this is mostly being used as a general thread anyway.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi I received my offer today and as well as my contract!
Original post by ROC10
I wouldn't worry, two weeks isn't a long time. Have you accepted the offer?

I emailed the HR person from 'my' office the same person who ran the assessment centre (she had also contacted me previously about the offer as it was for a slightly different role from the one I applied to).

PS: just noticed this thread's title is regarding audit. I didn't apply to or get an offer for audit, but I think this is mostly being used as a general thread anyway.

Yeah I accepted my offer, they called a couple of hours after the AC.

Ok I also emailed the person who gave me all of the details for the AC so it may be the same person because she wasn't based in the same office I applied to! Did she take a while to get back to you?
Reply 38
does anyone know what the grad scheme salary is for roles outside of London?
Reply 39
Yeah I accepted my offer, they called a couple of hours after the AC.

Ok I also emailed the person who gave me all of the details for the AC so it may be the same person because she wasn't based in the same office I applied to! Did she take a while to get back to you?

Hey, did you hear back? She took around a week to get back to me. She advised there would be social events in the summer but obviously these may no longer go ahead.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending