The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Adult nursing timetable

Hi,I’m going to be starting my first year of adult nursing in September. I’m just wondering if anyone knows if we get weekends off or any holiday dates and / or how many weeks we get off? Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by Rebecca.H01
Hi,I’m going to be starting my first year of adult nursing in September. I’m just wondering if anyone knows if we get weekends off or any holiday dates and / or how many weeks we get off? Thank you!

Hi I’m a current first year adult nurse and they’ve released the provisional overview of the time line of the course. CD98A5E1-E5A0-4DB8-B404-E53D12788346.png
Green is placement as that part of the key is cut off. This is just a provisional one do it may change
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Hi,

Just jumping in here!

Would you think that the child nursing would follow the same format (roughly)? Also, if you're working 3 x 12 hour shifts in placement Mon, Tue, Wed, do you still have to attend uni on the Thurs & Fri or has that been self-study time??

I'm considering retraining as a nurse, and live close to Teesside uni, but their child nursing course is way over subscribed... I can't believe that Northumbria still have places!

I've seen on their website that they follow the usual uni semesters, so we would get time off at Easter & the long summer break.

Any information would be useful, Thanks.
Reply 3
Original post by paulastamp
Hi,

Just jumping in here!

Would you think that the child nursing would follow the same format (roughly)? Also, if you're working 3 x 12 hour shifts in placement Mon, Tue, Wed, do you still have to attend uni on the Thurs & Fri or has that been self-study time??

I'm considering retraining as a nurse, and live close to Teesside uni, but their child nursing course is way over subscribed... I can't believe that Northumbria still have places!

I've seen on their website that they follow the usual uni semesters, so we would get time off at Easter & the long summer break.

Any information would be useful, Thanks.

Hiya o think children’s are going to be following a similar format.
Basically the grey squares are days in uni so yes you’d be expected to be in uni those days as you need to log a certain number of hours of theory as well as practice.
Blue squares are self directed study
Reply 4
Hi Do you know if the summer break will be around the same time every year so for 2022/2023 roughly beginning of September ?
Reply 5
Original post by Kim1000
Hi Do you know if the summer break will be around the same time every year so for 2022/2023 roughly beginning of September ?

Hi yes
So the blue section before the holidays is also holiday if you have no extra hours to make up.
Reply 6
Original post by Pugglet
Hi yes
So the blue section before the holidays is also holiday if you have no extra hours to make up.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Pugglet
Hiya o think children’s are going to be following a similar format.
Basically the grey squares are days in uni so yes you’d be expected to be in uni those days as you need to log a certain number of hours of theory as well as practice.
Blue squares are self directed study

Hi, on your days at uni how long are you in for? Is it the full day ?
Reply 8
Original post by e11en._
Hi, on your days at uni how long are you in for? Is it the full day ?

Yeah it’s normally pretty much a full day
Original post by Pugglet
Hi I’m a current first year adult nurse and they’ve released the provisional overview of the time line of the course. CD98A5E1-E5A0-4DB8-B404-E53D12788346.png
Green is placement as that part of the key is cut off. This is just a provisional one do it may change

Hey!
I’m starting next month and wondering if you know if there’s much flexibility with the timetable. Is there different groups of students that do different days say Wednesday-Friday or is everyone together?
Thanks!
Original post by laurakellogs
Hey!
I’m starting next month and wondering if you know if there’s much flexibility with the timetable. Is there different groups of students that do different days say Wednesday-Friday or is everyone together?
Thanks!

They do different days for different groups so I’m PT 18 so I had uni on Tuesdays and Wednesdays this year whereas my friend in PT21 was Wednesday Thursday

Once you start placement you need to fit your placement days around the study days as you can’t miss them but the placements are aware of this so it’s quite easy to do.

Feel free to ask me anything else about it all
Original post by Pugglet
They do different days for different groups so I’m PT 18 so I had uni on Tuesdays and Wednesdays this year whereas my friend in PT21 was Wednesday Thursday

Once you start placement you need to fit your placement days around the study days as you can’t miss them but the placements are aware of this so it’s quite easy to do.

Feel free to ask me anything else about it all

Thanks SO much for the fast reply! That’s great to hear there’s different groups on different days just for childcare I was worrying.

Are you enjoying Northumbria? It says they’ll be continuing blended learning, do you think the support studying from home has been good?
Original post by laurakellogs
Thanks SO much for the fast reply! That’s great to hear there’s different groups on different days just for childcare I was worrying.

Are you enjoying Northumbria? It says they’ll be continuing blended learning, do you think the support studying from home has been good?

I absolutely love the course, the support has actually been okay and a lot of the staff/ lecturers have been really helpful and accommodating. I definitely prefer on campus teaching to the online learning
Reply 13
Also starting soon! That timetable looks okay actually :biggrin:

Anyone received the link to order our uniforms yet?
I am also trying to figure out Child care along side going to Uni in September however, i'm off to Teesside.
Reply 15
Original post by Pugglet

Hi
I am an international student, just finished my high school. I have received an offer from Northumbria University for BSc Hons Nursing science registered nurse adult, Sept 2022 intake. Since you are a current student, it'll really help if you could provide me information.

it says that we will graduate with registration along with pin number. does that mean the university will take care of the procedure for registration and we can immediately start working after graduation? also some other uni says that we will be eligible to apply for registration like they'll only send the good conduct certificate to NMC and need to take care of the rest ourselves, so would there be some kind of difference between such two unis like in the course work or the procedures after graduation?

also how are we assessed and how is the passing rates cause our education system is entirely different from that of UK's .

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending