The Student Room Group

Year 11 history essay competitions

Does anyone know of any history essay competitions that are somewhat reputable and open to year 11's currently? I know of the john lock institute competition and I'll do it if i cant find anything else but none of the questions really appeal
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone know of any history essay competitions that are somewhat reputable and open to year 11's currently? I know of the john lock institute competition and I'll do it if i cant find anything else but none of the questions really appeal

Look up on Google 'year 11 history essay competition' and you will find tons of competitions open to you. Hope this helps. :smile:
Reply 2
Not exactly 'history', but ancient history lmao, so idk whether this is relevant to you. UCL is holding a Greek and Latin Essay Competition and there are three questions you can choose from; about Ancient Greek religion, philosophy etc. Hope this helps :smile:!
Most are open to Y12s, some of which may open as early as September - but as another user said, no harm in a quick google :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by laurawatt
Most are open to Y12s, some of which may open as early as September - but as another user said, no harm in a quick google :smile:

Ive done a couple of google searches but most are only open to year 12s :frown:
Original post by m0rb
Not exactly 'history', but ancient history lmao, so idk whether this is relevant to you. UCL is holding a Greek and Latin Essay Competition and there are three questions you can choose from; about Ancient Greek religion, philosophy etc. Hope this helps :smile:!

I love ancient history so I'll def check that out!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending