The Student Room Group

HNC proplem!

Hello. I am doing HNC in biology this year and i have done 3highers in s6. My worries are..Does it worth it to do HNC? And can i apply for bio med in uni after that?will the uni accept me?or i need to do more higher before hnc?I am really worried about that. If anyone had the same situation please share some advice!
Original post by Marahalgundi
Hello. I am doing HNC in biology this year and i have done 3highers in s6. My worries are..Does it worth it to do HNC? And can i apply for bio med in uni after that?will the uni accept me?or i need to do more higher before hnc?I am really worried about that. If anyone had the same situation please share some advice!

Could anyone please help??
Original post by Marahalgundi

Which universities are you thinking of applying to? Might be worth checking their entry requirements for the courses you're interested in :smile:
I’m doing a HNC as well in Social Sciences in S6 and I’m not sure either if it’s looked down upon in universities?
HNC (level 7) or HND (level 8) can certainly be taken into account for entry to university. They might score more highly than a Higher (level 6) in the same subject, and may even allow direct entry to second year on some courses, ... but it depends on the course, and on the university.
Some courses specify a minimum entry requirement of AAAAB for Higher "in a single exam diet", i.e., all in the same year. Candidates who have reached equivalent grades, but have taken several years to do it, will not score so highly. However, having shown the commitment to go on and complete an HND might be seen more favourably again. It all depends on exactly what they're looking for, and how many places they still have to fill.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending