The Student Room Group

y

i i
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by ysd7k
i am taking english language, philosopy, theatre studies and spanish for my alevels. what degrees would be best for these options?

what is your favourite subject out of all of them?
Reply 2
Original post by racheld1
what is your favourite subject out of all of them?

i already speak spanish, and english is quite boring compared to the other ones so probably philosophy and drama are my favourites.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
idrk what you mean but i think law would be cool, are my alevels good enough for that degree?
Reply 4
The obvious and unhelpful answer would be one that you want to do. However...in the interests of being helpful...
You seem very interested in languages so something around that maybe. Interpreting, translation, speech and language therapy...all good ways to practically apply all the skills you’re gaining at A level.
But you could reasonably go into just about anything. Volunteering is a good way to find out what you’re interested in and the sort of work you like. Maybe have a look at do-it.org and see what’s available there.
Reply 5
round
Reply 6
Original post by snazsey
round

??
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by ysd7k
??

simple solution: stop being so plump
Depends what you’re interested in. You could carry on with any of those, or you could go into something with no subject requirements like law.
Reply 9
Original post by ashtolga23
Depends what you’re interested in. You could carry on with any of those, or you could go into something with no subject requirements like law.

what other good degrees have no subject requirements then?
Reply 10
Original post by snazsey
simple solution: stop being so plump

ok
Reply 11
Original post by ysd7k
ok

aids
Reply 12
Original post by ysd7k

Allied health professions like OT and SLT. Psychology, law, many other vocational subjects like accounting, land economy/real estate etc.
Original post by ysd7k

I’m not entirely sure honestly, but lots of subjects that aren’t offered widely at A Level would probably fit, like politics.

Think about what you’re interested in and check university websites to see if you’d be able to, or consider a foundation year perhaps. Bear in mind that not all universities have the same requirements.
Original post by ysd7k
i am taking english language, philosopy, theatre studies and spanish for my alevels. what degrees would be best for these options?

What career area do you want to go into?
Then choose what course you want to do at uni based on that.

Quick Reply

Latest