The Student Room Group

RSM 2021 Apprenticeships Starting

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rose09876543
Hi Guys,

Has anyone heard back from RSM after the video interview stage?

hey :smile: nope so far I haven't heard back from them since passing the video interview stage
Original post by zeebobat
hey :smile: nope so far I haven't heard back from them since passing the video interview stage

Hi🙂, ah right, same here. Maybe they are just waiting for everyone to apply before they choose which applicants to progress onto the next Stage. Good Luck!
Hi🙂, ah right, same here. Maybe they are just waiting for everyone to apply before they choose which applicants to progress onto the next Stage. Good Luck!

yup! the deadline for the role I applied for is in jan so I'm just waiting until then hopefully we'll get a response soon!
thank you!! and good luck to you too <3
Hi Guys,

Has anyone heard back from RSM after the video interview stage?

yup! the deadline for the role I applied for is in jan so I'm just waiting until then hopefully we'll get a response soon!
thank you!! and good luck to you too <3

RSM is quite slow to be honest. I applied and completed the Video Interview early October. Early December I was told I passed the VI and have been shortlisted for the AC but due to high volume of applicants I have been placed in reserve area.
Hello guys, I am here again after 2 months to ask has anybody heard anything back from RSM regarding Assessment Centre.
It has been almost 4 months since their last email to me and another weird thing is that initially closing date was 29th of november then they extended it to 29th of January but now they have again extended it to 28th of February. It is so annoying especially if you have only one option left in top 10 firms😅😅😅. Thanks
Original post by Mubarkdu
Hello guys, I am here again after 2 months to ask has anybody heard anything back from RSM regarding Assessment Centre.
It has been almost 4 months since their last email to me and another weird thing is that initially closing date was 29th of november then they extended it to 29th of January but now they have again extended it to 28th of February. It is so annoying especially if you have only one option left in top 10 firms😅😅😅. Thanks

hey :smile:) I've also not received anything since they told me I'd passed my VI and they'd get back to me about when my interview was and that was back around the beginning of September. it's quite stressful tbh, so I was thinking about emailing them if they hadn't sent anything by the end of the week. but perhaps they're just waiting until the end of the deadline to get back to everyone?
hey :smile:) I've also not received anything since they told me I'd passed my VI and they'd get back to me about when my interview was and that was back around the beginning of September. it's quite stressful tbh, so I was thinking about emailing them if they hadn't sent anything by the end of the week. but perhaps they're just waiting until the end of the deadline to get back to everyone?

Yeah you are right but constant extension in the deadline is causing anxiety and another thing I could not even find the contact details of the recruitment team.
Have you got Ac or interview with anyother firms cause I have been rejected from almost all of them😊. Thanks x
Original post by Mubarkdu
Yeah you are right but constant extension in the deadline is causing anxiety and another thing I could not even find the contact details of the recruitment team.
Have you got Ac or interview with anyother firms cause I have been rejected from almost all of them😊. Thanks x

I've read a few other forums from a few years ago and apparently they're like this usually. so I guess I'm stressed out because theyre taking so long but probably not as much as I should be.
as for other firms I have an AC w KPMG but I was rejected from most of the others too :/
I say just wait it out. its kind of annoying that they're taking so long to get back but we've already been shortlisted for an interview and at the state the world is in right now it's understandable that things might not go as smoothly as usual.
everything usually works out in the end :smile: wishing you all the best!!!
I've read a few other forums from a few years ago and apparently they're like this usually. so I guess I'm stressed out because theyre taking so long but probably not as much as I should be.
as for other firms I have an AC w KPMG but I was rejected from most of the others too :/
I say just wait it out. its kind of annoying that they're taking so long to get back but we've already been shortlisted for an interview and at the state the world is in right now it's understandable that things might not go as smoothly as usual.
everything usually works out in the end :smile: wishing you all the best!!!

FYI last year I was shortlisted end of Oct for AC. Waited until March for them to tell me all roles had been filled. Currently in shortlist again but have little faith in RSM. (This is for grad role btw)
Has anyone been invited to an assessment day at RSM for August 2021 intake?
Original post by Mick-rose
Has anyone been invited to an assessment day at RSM for August 2021 intake?

I know someone who has.

You get interviewed by 2 Directors (or Assosicate Directors) for the department you applied to. You give a 2 minute presentation about what you wrote in a summary (could be about the changes in TAX; it should link to the role you applied to). After, they ask you questions around your presentation.

Next is a competency interview where they ask you about 7-10 questions. Kind of like a similar questioning style than the Video Interview. Overall, it takes 2 hours.
Has anyone been invited to the Assessment Centre?
Reply 32
Original post by Lerooooy Jenkins
Has anyone been invited to the Assessment Centre?

Yes I have! I've got mine this week for Auditing. Not too sure what to expect with the 'pre-work task' though.
Reply 33
Original post by Tom
Yes I have! I've got mine this week for Auditing. Not too sure what to expect with the 'pre-work task' though.

How’d it go?
I’ve just received an offer for a placement year with RSM for Personal Tax Assistant role . Anyone who’s secured a role for a placement year on here??
Original post by thearsh12
I’ve just received an offer for a placement year with RSM for Personal Tax Assistant role . Anyone who’s secured a role for a placement year on here??

Nicely done. What was the process like and what did you do a presentation on?
Reply 36
Original post by Lerooooy Jenkins
Nicely done. What was the process like and what did you do a presentation on?

What role are you applying for?
Thank you! I did my presentation on the impact of Brexit on UK taxation. Process was really smooth but took quite a long time for them to get back to me for the final interview. Have you guys applied for placements too?
Original post by Tom

Iv applied to the same role, did you pass the AC and how long was it when you heard back about the AC
Original post by Badgerrr
Hi everyone!

I was excited to obtain an offer last week that I can say I have accepted. The interview process was really good and even the interview it self was based on strengh based questions. This means for those with not much past experience can still shine. Starting date of the London Audit Apprenticeship is January which is 2 months away, so dont lose hope! Goodluck :smile:

Hi I'm applying for the same apprenticeship but for August intake, just wanted to find out if the video assessment centre is the last stage

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending