The Student Room Group

Accounting Apprenticeships

I just want any information i can get for accounting apprenticeships.
Will i be affected if i do a levels but then choose to do apprenticeships for uni?
Gcse grades required?
A level Grades required?
Whether or not i can get a job out of it at the end
Wage whilst doing the apprenticeship
Any other important info seeing as i know barely anything
once you're qualified you can get a job at the end. if you're in London the range is £22-26k which is decent considering you're straight out of sixthform with no experience. it does increase yearly and you can get around £50k once you become a chartered accountant. don't really worry about your a level subjects, i've secured an accounting apprenticeship which i will be starting this september (at a firm ranked within the top 10) and i do psychology, sociology & geography a level predicted A* A A but i did achieve a 5 in gcse maths. As long as you have at least 5 gcses at grades 4/5 and above you'll be fine. great firms to do accounting degree apprenticeships at are:
PwC
EY
KPMG
Deloitte
Grant Thornton
RSM
BDO
Mazars
Evenlyn Partners
Crowes

typical application stages:
-situational juddgement test
-maths test
-video interview
-assessment centre
-final manager interview

some of these firms open applications summer of year 12 which is when i applied. best times to apply are from october and also in february during national apprenticeship week.

best of luck!
Original post by Hellokitty123abc
once you're qualified you can get a job at the end. if you're in London the range is £22-26k which is decent considering you're straight out of sixthform with no experience. it does increase yearly and you can get around £50k once you become a chartered accountant. don't really worry about your a level subjects, i've secured an accounting apprenticeship which i will be starting this september (at a firm ranked within the top 10) and i do psychology, sociology & geography a level predicted A* A A but i did achieve a 5 in gcse maths. As long as you have at least 5 gcses at grades 4/5 and above you'll be fine. great firms to do accounting degree apprenticeships at are:
PwC
EY
KPMG
Deloitte
Grant Thornton
RSM
BDO
Mazars
Evenlyn Partners
Crowes

typical application stages:
-situational juddgement test
-maths test
-video interview
-assessment centre
-final manager interview

some of these firms open applications summer of year 12 which is when i applied. best times to apply are from october and also in february during national apprenticeship week.

best of luck!

Hi there,

Do you know whether these firms take on students with BBB at A level plus an A* in financial studies AS level?
A number of them say minimum CCC, but assuming they will take those students with the top A grades in preference?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending