The Student Room Group

How to get a grade 9 in GCSE History!!

Hi guys!!

I wanted to give you guys a few tips on how to do well in GCSE History! This is more focused on Medicine through time topic in Edexcel but the tips go for every topic!

- In History the most important thing is SIGNIFICANCE and CHANGE / CONTINUITY and IMPACT. - These get you marks

- Always give a balanced argument!

- Make sure you give every little detail you can.

- Link every paragraph back to the answer!

These are the main tips which can help you secure the Grade 9.

If you want Medicine Notes consisting of significance, impact and change of continuity, you can buy here!

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/GCSEnotesforstudy?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=946931183

There will also be Elizabethan England and Weimar and Nazi Germany notes coming soon!

If you need any more help, be free to ask!
Original post by Teachmepls
Hi guys!!

I wanted to give you guys a few tips on how to do well in GCSE History! This is more focused on Medicine through time topic in Edexcel but the tips go for every topic!

- In History the most important thing is SIGNIFICANCE and CHANGE / CONTINUITY and IMPACT. - These get you marks

- Always give a balanced argument!

- Make sure you give every little detail you can.

- Link every paragraph back to the answer!

These are the main tips which can help you secure the Grade 9.

If you want Medicine Notes consisting of significance, impact and change of continuity, you can buy here!

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/GCSEnotesforstudy?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=946931183

There will also be Elizabethan England and Weimar and Nazi Germany notes coming soon!

If you need any more help, be free to ask!

Also work in English as well (refer to the question etc)- thank you!!
Hi, do you have any tips on other History topics because we dropped the medicine paper due to the pandemic?
Reply 3
Original post by sarahhehe
Hi, do you have any tips on other History topics because we dropped the medicine paper due to the pandemic?

What other topics do you do?
These tips go for history in general so it can be used for everything!
Original post by Teachmepls
What other topics do you do?
These tips go for history in general so it can be used for everything!

Do you have any tips on memorising the dates for key events? The topics that are currently in my exam are cold war, civil rights, Elizabeth and Vietnam.
Reply 5
I usually make small flashcards on the dates and test myself a few times or I write it down a few times until I remember. Timelines are also very useful which you could make! You could also do this every morning for a few minutes when you wake up so you will definitely know it by your exam!! Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest