The Student Room Group

macbeth

can u give me 4 peel chains on the betrayal of macbeth towards banquo king duncan and his kingdom
Original post by charlie cooper
can u give me 4 peel chains on the betrayal of macbeth towards banquo king duncan and his kingdom

I can't do 4 peel paragraphs right now, but I'll give you some quotes with minimal analysis that you could expand on:
1) "Our fears in Banquo,Stick deep, and in his royalty of nature,Reigns that which would be fear'd." - Here Macbeth feels guilty about murdering Banquo. At first, he seems fine and "takes joy in learning that Banquo is dead, because he cannot produce any more sons" (Act III, Scene 3). In Act III, Scene 4, he sees Banquo’s ghost and responds with what seems like guilt. (Guilt in betrayal)
2)When Macduff says "Is gone to pray the holy King, upon his aid" - Macbeth’s betrayal of Banquo is more personal. They seem to be great friends in Act I. Macbeth is obsessed with the prophecy of Banquo’s sons being king and thinks nothing of murdering Banquo when he begins to get suspicious in Act II, Scene 1.
Hope it helps

Quick Reply

Latest