The Student Room Group

How can I get grade 9

So ive been getting a grade 6 this is a practice paragtaph I did
Later on in the play, Macbeth has proved that he is an evil being who is king as well. Macbeth shows himself this way through the violence he has done to many people. Macbeth is abusing this power he has because he keeps murdering innocent people. Lady Macduff has been affected by Macbeth and realises how much harm he has done to everyone including Scotland. She feels Macbeth being king makes Scotland ‘a place so unsanctified’. Scotland has been ruined and harmed since Macbeth has been ruling it. Since ma=cbeth wasn't chosen to be king by God and he chose himself, Scotland is ruined. Shakespeare uses religious imagery to show how Scotland is meant to be a religious place but with someone who wasn't even chosen by God, to be king, there's now an absence of God. However this would also show the audience that Macbeth is associated with evil and not God. Macbeth proves himself to be evil as lady macduff only states her last sentences since she's seen murderers come to attack her and her child. The child was killed on stage because his last words were ‘he has kill'd me mother’. Macbeth doesn't have any sympathy for the child and wants them to be killed. In some performances they use an actor of Macduff's child to be really young to make the audience pity and make Macbeth the most hated character.

How can i improve to achieve a grade 7 and above
Original post by username6438268
So ive been getting a grade 6 this is a practice paragtaph I did
Later on in the play, Macbeth has proved that he is an evil being who is king as well. Macbeth shows himself this way through the violence he has done to many people. Macbeth is abusing this power he has because he keeps murdering innocent people. Lady Macduff has been affected by Macbeth and realises how much harm he has done to everyone including Scotland. She feels Macbeth being king makes Scotland ‘a place so unsanctified’. Scotland has been ruined and harmed since Macbeth has been ruling it. Since ma=cbeth wasn't chosen to be king by God and he chose himself, Scotland is ruined. Shakespeare uses religious imagery to show how Scotland is meant to be a religious place but with someone who wasn't even chosen by God, to be king, there's now an absence of God. However this would also show the audience that Macbeth is associated with evil and not God. Macbeth proves himself to be evil as lady macduff only states her last sentences since she's seen murderers come to attack her and her child. The child was killed on stage because his last words were ‘he has kill'd me mother’. Macbeth doesn't have any sympathy for the child and wants them to be killed. In some performances they use an actor of Macduff's child to be really young to make the audience pity and make Macbeth the most hated character.
How can i improve to achieve a grade 7 and above

Try a range of sentence starters and sentence structure because at the minute you are saying Macbeth this Macbeth that etc use connectives!!! Great link to context though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending