The Student Room Group

What's your favourite open world game?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Final Fantasy 15

(Why has this not been mentioned already?)
Original post by Submarinie94x
I tried to play Skyrim but just couldn't really get into it unfortunately! Have you played The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt? If you love Skyrim, you'll probably love The Witcher too :biggrin: RDR2 is an amazing game too, I agree 💯 the graphics are unbeatable

I will admit, the quests are repetitive. The world itself tho is amazing to explore! You always discover something new on each playthrough.

Yeah I love the Witcher 3, never beat it tho sadly. Poured at least 100 hours into it but wanted to play other games at the time so I kinda stopped playing. I need to give it another go.
Original post by BlueMind
Red Dead Redemption 2, GTA V, LOZ: Breath of the Wild

I've only played GTA and Red Dead Redemption 2 from those games, I'd try Zelda because I've heard a lot of good reviews about it but I don't have a Nintendo unfortunately, only PlayStation :smile:
Ahh! I've never played any open world game on a PC before, I don't think I'd be able to get used to it tbh! 😂
Original post by ANM775
Final Fantasy 15

(Why has this not been mentioned already?)

Oooh I think it's maybe because some people still disagree whether Final Fantasy is actually an open world game or not *shrugs*, I still heard its a good game though :smile:
Breathe of the wild is pretty cool, Minecraft, GTA V, Assasin’s Creed. I’ve heard good reviews about Watchdogs Legion and I know that the new Cyberpunk has a massive open world feature to it but has poor reviews.

I also know of a new open world Star Wars game coming out, being developed by LucasArts (finally) and Ubisoft so it should be good
Yep! I've only ever played on PlayStation (and Nintendo Ds when I was still a kid :biggrin:)
Original post by jackmarshal757
Breathe of the wild is pretty cool, Minecraft, GTA V, Assasin’s Creed. I’ve heard good reviews about Watchdogs Legion and I know that the new Cyberpunk has a massive open world feature to it but has poor reviews.

I also know of a new open world Star Wars game coming out, being developed by LucasArts (finally) and Ubisoft so it should be good

I haven't played Breath of the Wild because I don't have a Nintendo, I haven't played Minecraft either. Gta is quite good, and I've only played one Assassin's Creed game (Assassin's Creed: Odyessy), which I'd say is just a bit better than 'average', although the world is very beautiful. It's set in ancient Greece 🇬🇷 :smile: I've heard a lot of people were playing Cyberpunk but it doesn't really seem my sort of thing, and plus it's a first-person game, which I really don't like unfortunately 🙃
(edited 3 years ago)
I've only played GTA and Red Dead Redemption 2 from those games, I'd try Zelda because I've heard a lot of good reviews about it but I don't have a Nintendo unfortunately, only PlayStation :smile:

Breath of the Wild has its own uniqueness to it that makes you want to explore its world. Its alone worth enough to get a Nintendo Switch for
I've tried Skyrim but just couldn't get into it, and I haven't played Oblivion. The Witcher is a masterpiece, honestly no other game beats it for me. I wish CD Projekt Red will release another game set in the Witcher world :biggrin:
Original post by BlueMind
Breath of the Wild has its own uniqueness to it that makes you want to explore its world. Its alone worth enough to get a Nintendo Switch for

I’ve spent hours playing it, got the expansions too, well worth it. I kept playing even after completing it, it was that good. I wish they bring out another one
Animal Crossing New Horizons
Reply 32
Horizon Zero Dawn is one of my most favourite games.
Skyrim.
Assassin’s Creed series.
Started a play of The Witcher 3 but work got in the way.

Haven’t tried Red Dead 2 although it’s downloaded and ready to play.
Reply 33
seems like as time goes by, more and more games are becoming open world .... even games in the past that traditionally weren't. anyone else noticed that?
Original post by jackmarshal757
I’ve spent hours playing it, got the expansions too, well worth it. I kept playing even after completing it, it was that good. I wish they bring out another one

Breath of the Wild 2 is suppose to come out this year but Nintendo has not shown or shared much info on it.
I haven't played Gotham in Arkham City, but the GTA open world is very good (although I prefer RDR2 over GTA). Have you played GTA online?

I played Arkham City just for a while, so don't sweat it. I was used to play my GTA games on PC.

Quick Reply

Latest