The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

St. John’s college,Durham 2021

This thread is exclusively for students who got allocated to St. John’s this year! First of all congrats and I hope we can possibly form a nice little community here to get to know more about ourselves.We can talk about anything from why Durham and St. John’s specifically to how the pandemic has affected each of our lives, and much more.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've been allocated John's for economics. Is anyone else at John's doing economics?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
I've been allocated to Johns for Nat Sci :smile:
Reply 3
Hi, I got allocated for Health and Human Sciences at St. John's
Hi, I was allocated John's for Archaeology (bsc) was John's your first choice?
hi!! i got allocated st John's for liberal arts and it was my first choice :smile:
Hi! I’ve been allocated to John’s for philosophy + politics. Does anyone have any opinions on the college cause I don’t know if it’s a stereotype but heard it’s quite religious?
Reply 7
Original post by Finnrienecker
Hi! I’ve been allocated to John’s for philosophy + politics. Does anyone have any opinions on the college cause I don’t know if it’s a stereotype but heard it’s quite religious?

It’s definitely one of the prettiest colleges out there, and regarding your concern, yes it’s just a stereotype, and no one is forced upon religions. In fact the college is said to have a lot of atheists too.
Original post by Kesh2816
It’s definitely one of the prettiest colleges out there, and regarding your concern, yes it’s just a stereotype, and no one is forced upon religions. In fact the college is said to have a lot of atheists too.

The link to a theological college doesn't impact on undergrad life. There's a good mix of people and it's a great choice - formals, good bar, balls. societies, sport. Food's good too!
Reply 9
Original post by kdnt7
The link to a theological college doesn't impact on undergrad life. There's a good mix of people and it's a great choice - formals, good bar, balls. societies, sport. Food's good too!

You got allocated to John’s too? What’s your course?
I got allocated St John's for modern languages!! :smile: excited to meet you all!!!
I've been allocated to Johns for psychology!
Thanks - It all sounds amazing ;0
Original post by Kesh2816
You got allocated to John’s too? What’s your course?

Third year John's studying history.
Original post by snubadub
I've been allocated to Johns for psychology!

Same!!
Reply 15
Original post by username5383274
Third year John's studying history.

Woww,it’s great to have a senior in this thread. Please do stay in touch!!
Original post by student6603
Same!!

hello! it's good to see another psychology student!! are you planning on firming durham?
Reply 17
hello! it's good to see another psychology student!! are you planning on firming durham?

Actually, there are a lot of psych students that I saw in this forum planning to firm Durham,even me I’m going to be doing psychology and biology joint honours under natural sciences!

hi, im not sure if im going to firm durham as ive had an offer from st andrews and im struggling to decide between the two. Are you ?
Original post by student6603
hi, im not sure if im going to firm durham as ive had an offer from st andrews and im struggling to decide between the two. Are you ?

i'm actually waiting to hear back from st andrews before I firm anywhere haha, it's pretty much 50 50 for me at the moment! when abouts did you hear back from them? I wasn't expecting a response for a while

Quick Reply

Latest