The Student Room Group

Question banks for A-Levels and GCSE revision

Hi all. I was wondering if many people on here use questionbanks for GCSE and a-level revision.

Basically, I have a ton of past paper questions for AQA, OCR and Edexcel sorted by topic and question type and was wondering if it'll be helpful to others to publish these online. my idea is to create something like question bank but for each exam board, for maths, biology, chemistry and physics (GCSE and A-level).

I started creating this as a GCSE student and tutored whilst I was in uni so was able to have materials for each exam board. My students found it helpful being able to select which questions to work on and mix and match topics according to what they needed (and so did I).

Seems like a shame to let it all go to waste now.

I know past paper questions and mark schemes have copyrights and I'll get permission before publishing if there's enough interest for me to do so.

Creating an interactive platform where students can select which questions to revise would take a lot of time and effort so I want to gauge the interest level before I start.

Anyone who would be interested in using a platform like this simply reply to this post!

If 50 or more people are interested by the end of the month I'll start work on publishing my questionbank online.
Original post by erazu
Hi all. I was wondering if many people on here use questionbanks for GCSE and a-level revision.

Basically, I have a ton of past paper questions for AQA, OCR and Edexcel sorted by topic and question type and was wondering if it'll be helpful to others to publish these online. my idea is to create something like question bank but for each exam board, for maths, biology, chemistry and physics (GCSE and A-level).

I started creating this as a GCSE student and tutored whilst I was in uni so was able to have materials for each exam board. My students found it helpful being able to select which questions to work on and mix and match topics according to what they needed (and so did I).

I know past paper questions and mark schemes have copyrights and I'll get permission before publishing if there's enough interest for me to do so.

Creating an interactive platform where students can select which questions to revise would take a lot of time and effort so I want to gauge the interest level before I start.

Anyone who would be interested in using a platform like this simply reply to this post!

If 50 or more people are interested by the end of the month I'll start work on publishing my questionbank online.

hey do you have ocr b chemistry, edexcel a, ocr a physics past paper questions / practice questions that I can have for a level please? there's not many resources online for these exam boards so it would be appreciated greatly, thanks :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by dank0209
hey do you have ocr b chemistry, edexcel a, ocr a physics past paper questions / practice questions that I can have for a level please? there's not many resources online for these exam boards so it would be appreciated greatly, thanks :smile:

Hi which resources have you used so far? I'll see which alternatives I have
Original post by erazu
Hi which resources have you used so far? I'll see which alternatives I have

hi i've used basically all of physicsandmathstutor and that's it really, thanks :smile:
Original post by erazu

Sounds like a great idea- do you have aqa gcse bio, chem, physics and maths :smile:
Original post by erazu

Hiya, have you got any OCR B chemistry , aqa physics, aqa biology and ocr maths a level questions? I've just been using pmt at the moment and I've got big mocks coming up??
Reply 6
Original post by study_sign
Hiya, have you got any OCR B chemistry , aqa physics, aqa biology and ocr maths a level questions? I've just been using pmt at the moment and I've got big mocks coming up??

Sorry I seem to have missed your first message! If you’ve only used pmt so far I’ll send you some links for additional question bank sites.

I’m not so familiar with the chemistry salters spec but if you’ve done all the past papers on pmt the best advice I can give you is to also use the pre 2015 past papers, just remember it’s no longer separated into AS and A2, so do all papers in a given year to cover all topics. I tried to find additional chemistry salters resources but came up
Empty beside the old and new official past papers.
Reply 7
Original post by Cherrygrape1234
Sounds like a great idea- do you have aqa gcse bio, chem, physics and maths :smile:

sent some resources to your inbox :smile:
Original post by erazu
Sorry I seem to have missed your first message! If you’ve only used pmt so far I’ll send you some links for additional question bank sites.

I’m not so familiar with the chemistry salters spec but if you’ve done all the past papers on pmt the best advice I can give you is to also use the pre 2015 past papers, just remember it’s no longer separated into AS and A2, so do all papers in a given year to cover all topics. I tried to find additional chemistry salters resources but came up
Empty beside the old and new official past papers.

Thank you so much for your reply!!
Reply 9
Original post by erazu

Hi,

Do you mind sharing some of the resources if you have a-level biology and chemistry OCR A? If you have English Literature AQA that too, it would be a huge help if you don't mind,

Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending