The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele Uni Physiotherapy (Pre-Reg) Program

Hey everyone,

I received an offer to study MSc Physiotherapy (pre-reg) program on Jan 2022! I was hoping to use this platform to connect with students who are currently in Keele's physiotherapy program and international students- like myself- who have moved from Canada to the UK.

Before accepting my offer, I want to gain insight on any of your experiences in this program and the transition process to moving to the UK.

Thank you! :smile:
Hi @SBhola! Congratulations on your offer from Keele!

I am a third year Physics with Astrophysics student at Keele. I am also an international student, originally from Sri Lanka. I personally had a very smooth transition from Sri Lanka to the UK. The only thing I struggled with prior to moving to Keele was getting my visa but I think that was more to do with the Sri Lankan system. Keele themselves were really helpful and responsive when it came to documentation and other visa requirements. They also have online guides and resources that outline the process of applying for your visa, etc. I am not sure where exactly you are in this process, so if you would like these resources, please let me know and I can link them on here! :smile:

I personally found the actual transition and settling down in the UK quite easy but I think this depends on a person's circumstances and personality. Keele try to make this process as smooth and enjoyable as possible though. For example. they ask international students, living in on campus accommodation, to move in a week or so early. This is so that we can get used to the environment before it gets flooded my domestic students, as this can get a bit overwhelming! They also organize various events for international students during this time so you can meet other international students, who are more or less in the same boat as you. I met almost all the international students I am still friends with at these events. You can also speak to international student support, who are part of student services, if you need any guidance with anything, throughout your time at Keele. :smile:

In terms of current MSc Physiotherapy students, you can chat with current Keele students on our Unibuddy platform. Mohra is in her second year of the Physiotherapy course and you can find her profile on here- https://api.unibuddy.co/og/keele-university/buddies/students/5e7b8e047d3b2608bde1fd44?buddyPosition=share
She has also written a blog post on the platform on what its like to study Physiotherapy, that you can find below her profile.

I hope this information helps!
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by SBhola
Hey everyone,

I received an offer to study MSc Physiotherapy (pre-reg) program on Jan 2022! I was hoping to use this platform to connect with students who are currently in Keele's physiotherapy program and international students- like myself- who have moved from Canada to the UK.

Before accepting my offer, I want to gain insight on any of your experiences in this program and the transition process to moving to the UK.

Thank you! :smile:

Hi!

It's great to hear you're coming to join our postgraduate community at Keele! I'm in the second year of my English PhD, and I also did my MA at Keele. Whilst I'm a UK student, I know a lot of international postgraduate students at Keele and can honestly say the PG community here is really warm and welcoming.

We have one of the only dedicated postgraduate student unions in the UK - the Keele Postgraduate Association (KPA). They run lots of events for all our PG students throughout the year but during welcome week they often have events specifically aimed at helping our new international postgraduates feel welcome and supported. There's also a dedicated KPA International Officer who dedicates their time to supporting our international postgraduate community. You can find out more about the KPA at https://www.kpa.org.uk/.

The KPA work really closely with Keele SU as well - you're a member of both unions as a PG student at Keele - so you also get the support of the team at Keele SU (who also have a dedicated International Officer) as well as being able to access all of the SU's events too! You can find out about the SU at https://keelesu.com/yourunion/.

If you want to know anything else about the PG experience, do feel free to ask here - our as my colleague @Keele Student Ambassador1 said, come and chat to our students over on Unibuddy! We have a couple of PG students (including me!) on there who would be happy to share experiences.

Hope that helps!

Amy Louise :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest