hollywright95
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi

On the gov.uk website and NHS website its say you can fund the Masters Pre-Registration Physiotherapy courses on student finance now. Does this mean even if we already have taken out 4 years of student loan for our undergraduate degree, we can apply for another loan for our masters Pre-Registration Physiotherapy course (2 years) ?

Thanks
Rona SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hollywright95)
Hi

On the gov.uk website and NHS website its say you can fund the Masters Pre-Registration Physiotherapy courses on student finance now. Does this mean even if we already have taken out 4 years of student loan for our undergraduate degree, we can apply for another loan for our masters Pre-Registration Physiotherapy course (2 years) ?

Thanks
Hi Holly,

You will be pleased to know that you will be able to apply to undertake a second degree in Postgraduate Healthcare, and that any previous study at a lower, equivalent or higher level, regardless of whether or not you have gained the qualification will not affect your entitlement.

However you cannot be already professionally registered in the subject of study.

Regards Rona
hollywright95
Rep:
?
Hi Does that mean I will be able to access another maintenance loan as well?Thanks
Rona SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hollywright95)
Hi Does that mean I will be able to access another maintenance loan as well?Thanks
Hi Holly,

Yes that is correct, you will be entitled to the full package of support from SFE, including the Maintenance Loan.

Regards Rona
hollywright95
Rep:
?
Hi

So Sheffield Hallam is £24k for 2 years. Will my student finance cover all of this?
chichi302
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi I noticed this post is 2 years old now and I was just wondering if you ended up getting the full 24k for tuition. I start at Hallam soon and was wondering the same thing?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by chichi302)
Hi I noticed this post is 2 years old now and I was just wondering if you ended up getting the full 24k for tuition. I start at Hallam soon and was wondering the same thing?
Good morning, you will receive full undergraduate funding for a postgrad healthcare course.
Thanks, Isaac
Prooney68
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi, does this only apply to English students, or students from Northern Ireland who will he studying in England also?
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Prooney68)
Hi, does this only apply to English students, or students from Northern Ireland who will he studying in England also?
Hi there, what course will you be studying and will you be living in NI or England?
Thanks, Isaac
Katiemg
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi, Thanks for this really useful thread. I have studied to MA level and now I am looking to study Msc Speech and Language Therapy (pre reg). There is a lot of conflicting information online about whether I am eligible for funding as I already have MA. Could you tell me if I am eligible, and whether i'd be applying for the undergrad or postgrad funding, please? Best wishes, Katie
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Katiemg)
Hi, Thanks for this really useful thread. I have studied to MA level and now I am looking to study Msc Speech and Language Therapy (pre reg). There is a lot of conflicting information online about whether I am eligible for funding as I already have MA. Could you tell me if I am eligible, and whether i'd be applying for the undergrad or postgrad funding, please? Best wishes, Katie
Hi Kate, this course attracts undergraduate funding. You will be able to apply for funding as long as you are not registered in this field and as long as you meet the residency criteria.
Thanks, Isaac
rhodri1996
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi i am a welsh resident who will be studying in england, am i able to access funding from student finance england ?
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by rhodri1996)
Hi i am a welsh resident who will be studying in england, am i able to access funding from student finance england ?
Hi, if you normally reside in Wales then you should apply to SFW.
Thanks, Isaac
vlyons1997
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi, I am intending to study Masters Pre-Registration Physiotherapy in England but I am from Northern Ireland and I am wondering the same thing.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by vlyons1997)
Hi, I am intending to study Masters Pre-Registration Physiotherapy in England but I am from Northern Ireland and I am wondering the same thing.
Hi there, you should speak to Student Finance Northern Ireland regarding funding if you reside in Northern Ireland.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (706)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (889)
42.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise