The Student Room Group

Masters Pre-Registration Physiotherapy funding

Hi

On the gov.uk website and NHS website its say you can fund the Masters Pre-Registration Physiotherapy courses on student finance now. Does this mean even if we already have taken out 4 years of student loan for our undergraduate degree, we can apply for another loan for our masters Pre-Registration Physiotherapy course (2 years) ?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hollywright95
Hi

On the gov.uk website and NHS website its say you can fund the Masters Pre-Registration Physiotherapy courses on student finance now. Does this mean even if we already have taken out 4 years of student loan for our undergraduate degree, we can apply for another loan for our masters Pre-Registration Physiotherapy course (2 years) ?

Thanks

Hi Holly,

You will be pleased to know that you will be able to apply to undertake a second degree in Postgraduate Healthcare, and that any previous study at a lower, equivalent or higher level, regardless of whether or not you have gained the qualification will not affect your entitlement.

However you cannot be already professionally registered in the subject of study.

Regards Rona
Hi Does that mean I will be able to access another maintenance loan as well?Thanks
Original post by hollywright95
Hi Does that mean I will be able to access another maintenance loan as well?Thanks

Hi Holly,

Yes that is correct, you will be entitled to the full package of support from SFE, including the Maintenance Loan.

Regards Rona
Hi

So Sheffield Hallam is £24k for 2 years. Will my student finance cover all of this?
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi I noticed this post is 2 years old now and I was just wondering if you ended up getting the full 24k for tuition. I start at Hallam soon and was wondering the same thing?
Original post by chichi302
Hi I noticed this post is 2 years old now and I was just wondering if you ended up getting the full 24k for tuition. I start at Hallam soon and was wondering the same thing?

Good morning, you will receive full undergraduate funding for a postgrad healthcare course.
Thanks, Isaac
Hi, does this only apply to English students, or students from Northern Ireland who will he studying in England also?
Original post by Prooney68
Hi, does this only apply to English students, or students from Northern Ireland who will he studying in England also?

Hi there, what course will you be studying and will you be living in NI or England?
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 9
Hi, Thanks for this really useful thread. I have studied to MA level and now I am looking to study Msc Speech and Language Therapy (pre reg). There is a lot of conflicting information online about whether I am eligible for funding as I already have MA. Could you tell me if I am eligible, and whether i'd be applying for the undergrad or postgrad funding, please? Best wishes, Katie
Original post by Katiemg
Hi, Thanks for this really useful thread. I have studied to MA level and now I am looking to study Msc Speech and Language Therapy (pre reg). There is a lot of conflicting information online about whether I am eligible for funding as I already have MA. Could you tell me if I am eligible, and whether i'd be applying for the undergrad or postgrad funding, please? Best wishes, Katie

Hi Kate, this course attracts undergraduate funding. You will be able to apply for funding as long as you are not registered in this field and as long as you meet the residency criteria.
Thanks, Isaac
Hi i am a welsh resident who will be studying in england, am i able to access funding from student finance england ?
Original post by rhodri1996
Hi i am a welsh resident who will be studying in england, am i able to access funding from student finance england ?

Hi, if you normally reside in Wales then you should apply to SFW.
Thanks, Isaac
Hi, I am intending to study Masters Pre-Registration Physiotherapy in England but I am from Northern Ireland and I am wondering the same thing.
Original post by vlyons1997
Hi, I am intending to study Masters Pre-Registration Physiotherapy in England but I am from Northern Ireland and I am wondering the same thing.

Hi there, you should speak to Student Finance Northern Ireland regarding funding if you reside in Northern Ireland.
Thanks, Isaac
Hi,I am a UK student. I have an MSc Computer Science and a BA in Leisure Management. Do you know if I would be eligible for a student loan for either a 2 year MSc Pre Reg Physiotherapy or a BSc Physiotherapy? Would I also be eligible for the NHS £5000 bursary?Thanks,Ian
Original post by ishields2
Hi,I am a UK student. I have an MSc Computer Science and a BA in Leisure Management. Do you know if I would be eligible for a student loan for either a 2 year MSc Pre Reg Physiotherapy or a BSc Physiotherapy? Would I also be eligible for the NHS £5000 bursary?Thanks,Ian

Hi there,

We will fund the following Allied Health Professional courses regardless of your previous study;
Chiropody
Dental hygiene (Honours degree, diploma or foundation degree)
Dental therapy (Honours degree, diploma or foundation degree)
Dental hygiene and dental therapy (Joint or dual honours)
Dietetics
Dietetics and nutrition
Midwifery (Degree or diploma level)
Nursing (Degree or diploma level)
Nursing and social work (Dual honours)
Occupational therapy
Operating department practice (Degree or diploma level)
Orthoptics
Physiotherapy
Podiatry
Prosthetics and Orthotics
Radiography
Radiotherapy
Speech and language therapy

I assume you mean the new NHS Grant not the old NHS Bursary. You should talk to the NHS to discuss eligibility https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund/training-grant

Thanks, Isaac
Hi, I am entering my 3rd year of an undergraduate Sport and exercise science course in September and looking to go onto an MSc Physiotherapy (pre-registration) 2 year course, I have noticed across platforms various ways in which to fund this.

However, am I correct in saying I can apply for a tuition fee loan for the 2 years, a maintenance loan for the 2 years as well as the NHS training grant of £5000 each year?

To add on to this I have read of a grant of up to £8000 with the NHS learning support fund which I believe is eligible for this course, as well as extra weeks allowance due to the 48 week course length per year

Many thanks
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by jackgriffin0101
Hi, I am entering my 3rd year of an undergraduate Sport and exercise science course in September and looking to go onto an MSc Physiotherapy (pre-registration) 2 year course, I have noticed across platforms various ways in which to fund this.

However, am I correct in saying I can apply for a tuition fee loan for the 2 years, a maintenance loan for the 2 years as well as the NHS training grant of £5000 each year?

To add on to this I have read of a grant of up to £8000 with the NHS learning support fund which I believe is eligible for this course, as well as extra weeks allowance due to the 48 week course length per year

Many thanks

Hi, you should apply for undergraduate funding for this postgraduate healthcare course.

You can receive full undergraduate funding as normal (as you are receiving now). You should speak with the NHS regarding eligibility for the NHS Grant https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund/training-grant

as well as extra weeks allowance due to the 48 week course length per year

The Long Couse Loanhttps://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/products/full-time-undergraduate-education/full-time-maintenance-loan/long-courses/ is automatically awarded based on the term dates submitted to us by the university. If your course is 48 weeks long then you will be awarded this automatically.

Thanks, Isaac
In regards to the pre-registered MSc in physiotherapy, which type of repayment plan would I be on?I currently have a plan 2 repayment for my bachelors, and wondered what extra I’ll be repaying now that I have finished the MSc, as it’s a masters funded as an undergraduateMany thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending