The Student Room Group

BBC Apprentice 2021

Hi!
I've applied to the BBC Journalism Apprentice Scheme - Advanced. I wanted to create a thread for people applying in 2021 since I haven't seen many about for this year. Feel free to write tips, your experiences and a general chat about the BBC Apprentice schemes here as there are many different ones!
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi there, I applied as well, but only doing step 7 (video recording) today! Hopefully step 8 is not too lenghty as only 1 day left :-)
Hi! I applied for the Journalism Fast Track apprenticeship (the one for post a-level students) a couple weeks ago :smile:
Hi guys, how did you find the process? How do you feel about your chances? I'm NERVOUS!
Original post by getupdodger
Hi guys, how did you find the process? How do you feel about your chances? I'm NERVOUS!

I’m incredibly nervous! It’s weird because atm I’ll be heading off to uni to study a completely unrelated subject in September but if I get in I’ll be working at the frickin BBC in September. But the application process was ok, although I’m pretty sure mine is different to yours though in terms of difficulty! What sort of things did you have to do?
Original post by justjas33
I’m incredibly nervous! It’s weird because atm I’ll be heading off to uni to study a completely unrelated subject in September but if I get in I’ll be working at the frickin BBC in September. But the application process was ok, although I’m pretty sure mine is different to yours though in terms of difficulty! What sort of things did you have to do?

About the same thing! Reply to a question and video interview. The question was How would I help the BBC expand and appeal to a wider audience? and I've forgotten what the question was for the video! I was super nervous. How did yours go? Where did you apply to?
About the same thing! Reply to a question and video interview. The question was How would I help the BBC expand and appeal to a wider audience? and I've forgotten what the question was for the video! I was super nervous. How did yours go? Where did you apply to?

Oh fair enough! My video question was something along the lines of why do you feel like the journalism apprenticeship route is the best for you? I feel like I also had to talk about what particular things interest me but I’ve honestly forgotten! I think it went ok? 90 seconds was not long enough though😅 My typed question was to talk about a news story that’s recently interested me which was quite nice. Much more confident with my answer for that one. I applied for the sport placement in Salford! I was concerned for a couple days that it was the wrong move but as my goal is to become a motorsport journo I figured a sport placement would be best. How about you?
what stage are you at
have you done the online tests?
Which online tests??
Reply 9
Hi! I applied for the Journalism Fast Track apprenticeship (the one for post a-level students) a couple weeks ago :smile:

I hope I haven't misunderstood but I thought the Fast Track was not just for school leavers? I was of the impression it included those who were opting for a career change or am I wrong?

It's too late to change it anyway but I was just wondering ahha!
Original post by melobird
I hope I haven't misunderstood but I thought the Fast Track was not just for school leavers? I was of the impression it included those who were opting for a career change or am I wrong?

It's too late to change it anyway but I was just wondering ahha!

Oh no it’s just for anyone who hasn’t already got a degree in anything I think! You should be good :smile:
Oh no it’s just for anyone who hasn’t already got a degree in anything I think! You should be good :smile:

Do you know if you could’ve applied to both? I was super confused because I have a foundation degree but not an undergrad so I didn’t really fit in either catergory!!
did anyone get the email about the behaviour-based, psychometric assessment? i got mine but i applied for two different roles so not really sure whether it’s for both or just one😂
Original post by gabyprentice
did anyone get the email about the behaviour-based, psychometric assessment? i got mine but i applied for two different roles so not really sure whether it’s for both or just one😂

Hey which roles did you apply for???
Hey which roles did you apply for???

digital marketing and the advanced journalism one! what about you?
digital marketing and the advanced journalism one! what about you?

Oh great! I applied for the advanced journalism apprenticeship. So are you not sure which role it was for? Considering I applied for the journalism one and I haven't got the email, it is probably the digital marketing one. What did the email say??
Oh great! I applied for the advanced journalism apprenticeship. So are you not sure which role it was for? Considering I applied for the journalism one and I haven't got the email, it is probably the digital marketing one. What did the email say??

oh how exciting! yeah they didn’t reference either role in the email and it was basically them just inviting me to the next stage of the application and i have a week to do the assessment. i kinda figured it was for the digital marketing one as they can’t have looked through all those video interviews that quickly!
oh how exciting! yeah they didn’t reference either role in the email and it was basically them just inviting me to the next stage of the application and i have a week to do the assessment. i kinda figured it was for the digital marketing one as they can’t have looked through all those video interviews that quickly!

woah that is so exciting! Congrats! I don't think everyone will get to the next stage, so well done! Do you reckon it'll be all online this time? Where did you apply for the roles? I think London was probably most popular. Do you already have a degree?
woah that is so exciting! Congrats! I don't think everyone will get to the next stage, so well done! Do you reckon it'll be all online this time? Where did you apply for the roles? I think London was probably most popular. Do you already have a degree?

thank you! i’m pretty thrilled to say the least! i’m not sure actually, for the time being i’m guessing it will be online? but maybe when restrictions lift in june things will start to be face to face? i applied for london for both roles simply because i live like 30 minutes by train so it made sense to pick london! i’ve just finished my a levels so have been applying to a lot of apprenticeships recently
thank you! i’m pretty thrilled to say the least! i’m not sure actually, for the time being i’m guessing it will be online? but maybe when restrictions lift in june things will start to be face to face? i applied for london for both roles simply because i live like 30 minutes by train so it made sense to pick london! i’ve just finished my a levels so have been applying to a lot of apprenticeships recently

Yeah that makes total sense. Which others have you applied for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending