The Student Room Group

LPC Full Time and Full time Job

I'm currently stressing over what I want to do in September 2021. I graduated in July 2020 with a 2.1 in Law with a plan to take a year out and work then go back to University to complete an LPC and Masters.

Due to Covid it took a while to get a job, I've properly started working as a Cover Teacher in November but had to stop as a result of lockdown in December. After this I got a new job as Cover Teacher in April, I work full time with some days being lighter than others. I would like to know if it's possible to for me to continue my job as a Cover Teacher whilst doing studying for my LPC full time also.
Reply 1
I am not sure about full time. But there would certainly be the chance to study it part time, although this would make the LPC take 2 years.

I'm sure there are some providers that lurk on these forums that would be able to answer this better. I find it hard to believe they wouldn't find a way to take your money.
Reply 2
It depends on how often you're expected to work as a cover teacher and how flexible they can be. I managed LPC full time and working 2/3 days a week but my job was a mix of friday night/saturday/sunday and some mid week days only if it fit around my course. My lectures and seminars were across 3 weekdays if i remember correctly (it might have had a fourth day), so if your course is anything similar you might have 1 or 2 weekdays when you can cover work. Personally I thought the LPC was not too hard so holding down a job is manageable but it's not a walk in the park so you need flexibility to study and especially during exams. A weekend job is usually easier in that regard so you can attend all of your classes and study during the week

also congrats on getting a cover teacher job mid pandemic - not easy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending