The Student Room Group

Dropping the LLM for LPC

Hi

I am in my final term and have decided I will drop out of the LLM. I am seeing mixed comments here, some people have been asked to repay the whole amount and some have been told they only need to pay the final term

my final payment from SFE was on August and I am now dropping out in October.

Will I need to pay the full £10000 back? if I am able to set up a payment plan how long would this be, when would I need to start paying and what is the minimum amount or how is this assessed

I am worried as there is different generic advise being given

@SFE Clare @SFE Erin @SFE Dean @SFE Aaron @SFE Andrew @SFE Ashley @SFE Chanel@SFE Debbie @SFE Erin N
Original post by SA2020Legal
Hi

I am in my final term and have decided I will drop out of the LLM. I am seeing mixed comments here, some people have been asked to repay the whole amount and some have been told they only need to pay the final term

my final payment from SFE was on August and I am now dropping out in October.

Will I need to pay the full £10000 back? if I am able to set up a payment plan how long would this be, when would I need to start paying and what is the minimum amount or how is this assessed

I am worried as there is different generic advise being given

@SFE Clare @SFE Erin @SFE Dean @SFE Aaron @SFE Andrew @SFE Ashley @SFE Chanel@SFE Debbie @SFE Erin N

Hi there,

Just to confirm, is it the Masters Loan that you're currently receiving from us?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Hi Graham
I am doing the LPC with a masters of LLM. I have made my final payment and want to drop the LLM if that makes sense
Hi Graham
I am doing the LPC with a masters of LLM. I have made my final payment and want to drop the LLM if that makes sense

Hi there, what is the full name of the course you're studying and the university so we can check and confirm this? Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Hi Jason, it is the LPC with a LLM and the university is the University of Law
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, what is the full name of the course you're studying and the university so we can check and confirm this? Thanks, Jason
Hi Jason, it is the LPC with a LLM and the university is the University of Law

Hi there, How long is the course for? re you looking to transfer to the new course? What year of the course will you enter? Thanks, Angela
Reply 6
Hi Angela all info is above it’s a LLM. My course has ended but I am dropping the masters element
Hi Angela all info is above it’s a LLM. My course has ended but I am dropping the masters element

Hi SA2020Legal,

As you are paid your Maintenance Loan in advance, you may be overpaid if you leave part way through your course. This means that this would be separate from your normal repayment. If you have been overpaid, our collections team will send you a letter confirming the amount you have been overpaid by and how to set up a direct debit payment with them.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 8
Hi sorry, I don't think you are understanding my query. this is funding for a masters which I have finished but do not want to resit so will be dropping.

@SFE Aaron @SFE Andrew @SFE Chanel @SFE Dean @SFE Clare
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi SA2020Legal,

As you are paid your Maintenance Loan in advance, you may be overpaid if you leave part way through your course. This means that this would be separate from your normal repayment. If you have been overpaid, our collections team will send you a letter confirming the amount you have been overpaid by and how to set up a direct debit payment with them.

Thanks, Clare
Hi sorry, I don't think you are understanding my query. this is funding for a masters which I have finished but do not want to resit so will be dropping.

@SFE Aaron @SFE Andrew @SFE Chanel @SFE Dean @SFE Clare

Hi there,

Thank you for clarifying for me. If you withdraw from your course, all future payments of PGL will be cancelled. The loan payment made for the payment period in which you withdrew will be left in place and will not be recalculated based on the number of days you were in attendance. Any payments you were entitled to will be added to your balance.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 10
Thanks Clare, do you have any specific information on the LPC LLM part time. So for example, if I have handed in my first year exams but at the end of the second year decide not to do the work? How would this be calculated would I have to repay the full amount for second year as some people have had to but others have not.

All info is above
Thanks Clare, do you have any specific information on the LPC LLM part time. So for example, if I have handed in my first year exams but at the end of the second year decide not to do the work? How would this be calculated would I have to repay the full amount for second year as some people have had to but others have not.

All info is above

Hi there,

No, you wouldn't, it would go into normal repayment if you leave the course early for Postgraduate Loan funding.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending