The Student Room Group

URGENT HELP - don’t skip

I am currently 17 and I struggle with processing with what I read or learn - does anyone have any tips and would reading books over the holidays help with my school work-I’m currently studying applied science and health and social
please can you recommend some books that are really easy to understand for someone whose comprehension is really poor
Original post by hafsa12334
I am currently 17 and I struggle with processing with what I read or learn - does anyone have any tips and would reading books over the holidays help with my school work-I’m currently studying applied science and health and social
please can you recommend some books that are really easy to understand for someone whose comprehension is really poor

Try reading books that interest you, I found that the hunger games really helped me as it had themes which I really enjoyed. I really used to struggle with reading but I find that if my brains is too occupied than it’s hard for me to actually concentrate. I am actually starting one of my hardest books to understand today, Jane eyre!!! But good luck :smile:

You can try to read books that are dyslexia-friendly. I read this short book called ‘The Mystery of Me’ by Karen McCombie. It is dyslexia-friendly, pretty short and easy to understand.
Read what you’re interested in of curious about. If you’re really struggling, read books that are targeted for a younger audience and then move up the difficulty. For example, read young adult fiction before moving onto classics.
Reply 4
Thankyou sm guys!!
Reply 5
Original post by AnActor184
Read what you’re interested in of curious about. If you’re really struggling, read books that are targeted for a younger audience and then move up the difficulty. For example, read young adult fiction before moving onto classics.

What kind of beginner books would u Rex Omd that’s that helped improve ur comprehension ability
What kind of beginner books would u Rex Omd that’s that helped improve ur comprehension ability

Juvenile fiction is good for beginners. Usually they have illustrations too so if you’re confused about the plot that can help out.

Examples of juvenile fiction are diary-type books like Tom Gates or Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
Reply 7
Original post by JuicyPearrr
Try reading books that interest you, I found that the hunger games really helped me as it had themes which I really enjoyed. I really used to struggle with reading but I find that if my brains is too occupied than it’s hard for me to actually concentrate. I am actually starting one of my hardest books to understand today, Jane eyre!!! But good luck :smile:

I'm reading Jane Eyre and I really enjoy it so far.
Original post by pxrx_dx
I'm reading Jane Eyre and I really enjoy it so far.

Cool! What kind of books do you read and where do you get your recommendations from?
Cool! What kind of books do you read and where do you get your recommendations from?

Good reads!!! It really helps to just read the reviews :smile:
Original post by JuicyPearrr
Good reads!!! It really helps to just read the reviews :smile:

Cool I use that too! What is your username?
Reply 11

Yeahh, I use Goodreads too.

I read books that are in multiple genres but in general, they're all fiction.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending