The Student Room Group

Quickest way to become a chartered accountant

Question says it all, also I’m planning to do my a levels in sep, and is the accounting market dead? As in are accountants needed and is it easy to land a job?
Reply 1
Original post by goneclear
Question says it all, also I’m planning to do my a levels in sep, and is the accounting market dead? As in are accountants needed and is it easy to land a job?

The market for accountants is pretty hot at the moment. Its harder to land an entry level job than when you have some experience. The quickest way is to apply for apprenticeships after A levels and find a firm which puts you on a four year programme to qualify as a chartered accountant.
Reply 2
Original post by ajj2000
The market for accountants is pretty hot at the moment. Its harder to land an entry level job than when you have some experience. The quickest way is to apply for apprenticeships after A levels and find a firm which puts you on a four year programme to qualify as a chartered accountant.

Are there many? And do they pay well
Reply 3
Original post by goneclear
Are there many? And do they pay well

There are a fair number of apprenticeships - they don't pay fortunes but the pay for the larger firms is ok. If you look through the apprenticeships forum there will be notes about the current salaries.
Reply 4
Original post by ajj2000
There are a fair number of apprenticeships - they don't pay fortunes but the pay for the larger firms is ok. If you look through the apprenticeships forum there will be notes about the current salaries.

Thank you how do I find this
Reply 5

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending